What to Ban, Complete Warrior

Here's the list of Pestige Classes with number of hits on google per
Werebat's criteria on banning...

The only one which isn't banned by his rules is the Magicless "Variant
Paladin" which got no hits. As this obviously isn't working I stopped
before going through the feats.

I've sorted them by the number of hits. I think the commonality of the
name has more to do with the hits, even though character optimization
was required... Also many of these, especially Order of the Bow
Initiate existed in previous forms that may be more broken, and
therefore have gotten more hits than they should.

Cavalier 15k
Ronin 967
Dervish 408
Ravager 342
Drunken Master 144
Kensai 124
Bladesinger 99
Dark Hunter 86
Spellsword 85
Hulking Hurler 78
Frenzied Berserker 72
Justiciar 47
Order of the Bow Initiate 43
Warshaper 43
Master Thrower 36
Bear Warrior 35
Purple Dragon Knight 34
Eye of Gruumsh 30
Exotic Weapon Master 28
Halfling Outrider 25
Invisible Blade 24
Tattooed Monk 24
Thayan Knight 23
Rage Mage 18
War Chanter 16
Nature's Warrior 15
Darkwood Stalker 14
Occult Slayer 14
Hunter of the Dead 13
Knight of the Chalice 12
Knight Protector 12
Master of the Unseen Hand 12
Reaping Mauler 12
Mindspy 11
Stonelord 10
Gnome Giant Slayer 7

- Justisaur

Justisaur wrote:
> Here's the list of Pestige Classes with number of hits on google per
> Werebat's criteria on banning...

Google reads the WotC Character Optimization board?

I usually have to go to Yahoo to get that.

> The only one which isn't banned by his rules is the Magicless "Variant
> Paladin" which got no hits. As this obviously isn't working I stopped
> before going through the feats.
>
> I've sorted them by the number of hits. I think the commonality of the
> name has more to do with the hits, even though character optimization
> was required... Also many of these, especially Order of the Bow
> Initiate existed in previous forms that may be more broken, and
> therefore have gotten more hits than they should.

That's a fair point. Some things were cleaned up from 3.0 to 3.5.

> Cavalier 15k
> Ronin 967
> Dervish 408
> Ravager 342
> Drunken Master 144
> Kensai 124
> Bladesinger 99
> Dark Hunter 86
> Spellsword 85
> Hulking Hurler 78
> Frenzied Berserker 72
> Justiciar 47
> Order of the Bow Initiate 43
> Warshaper 43
> Master Thrower 36
> Bear Warrior 35
> Purple Dragon Knight 34
> Eye of Gruumsh 30
> Exotic Weapon Master 28
> Halfling Outrider 25
> Invisible Blade 24
> Tattooed Monk 24
> Thayan Knight 23
> Rage Mage 18
> War Chanter 16
> Nature's Warrior 15
> Darkwood Stalker 14
> Occult Slayer 14
> Hunter of the Dead 13
> Knight of the Chalice 12
> Knight Protector 12
> Master of the Unseen Hand 12
> Reaping Mauler 12
> Mindspy 11
> Stonelord 10
> Gnome Giant Slayer 7

Looking at this I'd say if you get 50 hits you're getting into the "hot"
zone. Most seem to think Bear Warrior is an underpowered class, and we
all know about the Hulking Hurler.

- Ron ^*^

Werebat wrote:
> Justisaur wrote:
> > Here's the list of Pestige Classes with number of hits on google per
> > Werebat's criteria on banning...
>
> Google reads the WotC Character Optimization board?
>
> I usually have to go to Yahoo to get that.

Ah... I missed that bit about how many WOTC board posts show up.
Almost all of the searches I did showed one WOTC link at the top with
google, and the rest something else. The numbers were the total number
of hits on all the web. I'm pretty sure there's some way to make it
search the WOTC boards, or I could use the WOTC board search, which the
boards say is working, but I can't find it.

I'll have to play with the paramaters.

> > The only one which isn't banned by his rules is the Magicless "Variant
> > Paladin" which got no hits. As this obviously isn't working I stopped
> > before going through the feats.
> >
> > I've sorted them by the number of hits. I think the commonality of the
> > name has more to do with the hits, even though character optimization
> > was required... Also many of these, especially Order of the Bow
> > Initiate existed in previous forms that may be more broken, and
> > therefore have gotten more hits than they should.
>
> That's a fair point. Some things were cleaned up from 3.0 to 3.5.

I'm not sure how to account for this, as looking at some of the wotc
threads, the'll reference 3.5, but use many 3.0 prestige classes.

(Snip hit list.)

> Looking at this I'd say if you get 50 hits you're getting into the "hot"
> zone. Most seem to think Bear Warrior is an underpowered class, and we
> all know about the Hulking Hurler.

Actually, I don't.

- Justisaur

Justisaur wrote:

> Werebat wrote:
>
>>Justisaur wrote:
>>
>>>Here's the list of Pestige Classes with number of hits on google per
>>>Werebat's criteria on banning...
>>
>>Google reads the WotC Character Optimization board?
>>
>>I usually have to go to Yahoo to get that.
>>

> Ah... I missed that bit about how many WOTC board posts show up.
> Almost all of the searches I did showed one WOTC link at the top with
> google, and the rest something else. The numbers were the total number
> of hits on all the web. I'm pretty sure there's some way to make it
> search the WOTC boards, or I could use the WOTC board search, which the
> boards say is working, but I can't find it.
>
> I'll have to play with the paramaters.
>

>>>The only one which isn't banned by his rules is the Magicless "Variant
>>>Paladin" which got no hits. As this obviously isn't working I stopped
>>>before going through the feats.
>>>
>>>I've sorted them by the number of hits. I think the commonality of the
>>>name has more to do with the hits, even though character optimization
>>>was required... Also many of these, especially Order of the Bow
>>>Initiate existed in previous forms that may be more broken, and
>>>therefore have gotten more hits than they should.
>>
>>That's a fair point. Some things were cleaned up from 3.0 to 3.5.
>>

> I'm not sure how to account for this, as looking at some of the wotc
> threads, the'll reference 3.5, but use many 3.0 prestige classes.
>
> (Snip hit list.)
>

>>Looking at this I'd say if you get 50 hits you're getting into the "hot"
>>zone. Most seem to think Bear Warrior is an underpowered class, and we
>>all know about the Hulking Hurler.
>>

> Actually, I don't.

You can monkey with the Hulking Hurler and end up with a character that
can do several million points of damage in a single hit, or so I'm told.

- Ron ^*^

"Werebat" <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in message

> Justisaur wrote:
> >
> > Werebat wrote:

> >>Google reads the WotC Character Optimization board?
> >>
> >>I usually have to go to Yahoo to get that.
> >>

> > Ah... I missed that bit about how many WOTC board posts show up.
> > Almost all of the searches I did showed one WOTC link at the top with
> > google, and the rest something else. The numbers were the total number
> > of hits on all the web. I'm pretty sure there's some way to make it
> > search the WOTC boards, or I could use the WOTC board search, which the
> > boards say is working, but I can't find it.
> >
> > I'll have to play with the paramaters.

> >>That's a fair point. Some things were cleaned up from 3.0 to 3.5.
> >>

> > I'm not sure how to account for this, as looking at some of the wotc
> > threads, the'll reference 3.5, but use many 3.0 prestige classes.
> >
> > (Snip hit list.)
> >

> >>Looking at this I'd say if you get 50 hits you're getting into the "hot"
> >>zone. Most seem to think Bear Warrior is an underpowered class, and we
> >>all know about the Hulking Hurler.
> >>

> > Actually, I don't.
>
> You can monkey with the Hulking Hurler and end up with a character that
> can do several million points of damage in a single hit, or so I'm told.

That's really a problem with the improvised weapon rules, not the
Hulking Hurler directly.

Geoff.

"Geoff Watson" <geoffwatson@pacific.net.au> wrote in message

> "Werebat" <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote

>> You can monkey with the Hulking Hurler and end up with a character that
>> can do several million points of damage in a single hit, or so I'm told.
>>
> That's really a problem with the improvised weapon rules, not the
> Hulking Hurler directly.

Elaborate, please.

--
^v^v^Malachias Invictus^v^v^

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll,
I am the Master of my fate:
I am the Captain of my soul.

Werebat wrote:
> Justisaur wrote:
> > Here's the list of Pestige Classes with number of hits on google per
> > Werebat's criteria on banning...
>
> Google reads the WotC Character Optimization board?
>
> I usually have to go to Yahoo to get that.
>

> > The only one which isn't banned by his rules is the Magicless "Variant
> > Paladin" which got no hits. As this obviously isn't working I stopped
> > before going through the feats.
> >
> > I've sorted them by the number of hits. I think the commonality of the
> > name has more to do with the hits, even though character optimization
> > was required... Also many of these, especially Order of the Bow
> > Initiate existed in previous forms that may be more broken, and
> > therefore have gotten more hits than they should.
>
> That's a fair point. Some things were cleaned up from 3.0 to 3.5.

> Looking at this I'd say if you get 50 hits you're getting into the "hot"
> zone. Most seem to think Bear Warrior is an underpowered class, and we
> all know about the Hulking Hurler.

I've done some more monkeying with searches. Yahoo definately shows up
more hits. Using the same search paramaters - "Wizards.COMmunity
Boards > d20 System Games > d20 Related Topics > Character
Optimization" "PRC" on boards1.wizards.com (site:boards1.wizards.com on
google, on yahoo have to use the advanced search form AFAICT)

Google:
Bear Warrior 6
Hulking Hurler 13

Yahoo:
Bear Warrior 36
Hulking Hurler 51

I also found the links from yahoo actually work, where I've been having
problems with those from google. But it appears Yahoo is inflating
it's hits, it gives you the blurb for omitting similar results, and
only gives 11 for bear warrior and 20 for Hulking Hurler if you go to
the end of the listing.

And lastly I found another issue with this method, which is that
someone is using Bear Warrior as part of thier sig, significantly
raising the # of hits

It's still probably a good method of identifying problem PRCs, Feats
etc, one just may have to throw out some results like the bear warrior
being higher than it should.

- Justisaur

Tetsubo wrote:
> Benjamin Adams wrote:
>
> >"Malachias Invictus" <capt_malachias@hotmail.com> wrote in
> >

> >>"Geoff Watson" <geoffwatson@pacific.net.au> wrote in message

> >>Elaborate, please.
> >>

> >A Hulking Hurler can throw a light load as an improvised weapon.
> >
> >Now give the hurler some levels of War Hulk (which increases Str
> >instead of BAB) and a means of increasing his size further
> >(access to the Expansion power, say), so his size goes up to
> >Huge or even Gargantuan.
> >
> >With this size and cranked-up Str, the hurler's light load limit
> >is in the tons. So he can throw objects weighing thousands of
> >pounds as improvised weapons.
> >
> >I don't know the exact formula for translating weight into
> >damage for improvised weapons, but at these weights, it gets
> >pretty sick.
> >
> >-Ben Adams
> >

> Or you just say that an improvised weapon can't do more than 20d6
> damage. The tweaked out HH suddenly seems a lot less fun...

I got around to reading the threads on wizards about that. They are
making a LOT of assumptions that by the letter of the rules are
correct, like the 20d6 cap only applies to damage from falling objects,
not thrown ones - because for instance one could conceivably cause
something to exceed terminal velocity by putting enough power behind
it. But that would be difficult if not impossible to get all of them
by any DM.

However even with that, just one the first page I read one could get up
to +44 from str alone, which combined with 20d6 is 114 average damage,
and I believe it was mentioned 5 attacks a round, which is a total of
570 damage a round, assuming hits which shouldn't be hard considering
the +44 to hit from strength. I'd still consider that pretty broken.

- Justisaur.

Benjamin Adams wrote:

>"Malachias Invictus" <capt_malachias@hotmail.com> wrote in
>

>>"Geoff Watson" <geoffwatson@pacific.net.au> wrote in message
>>

>>>"Werebat" <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote

>>>That's really a problem with the improvised weapon rules, not the
>>>Hulking Hurler directly.
>>>

>>Elaborate, please.
>>

>A Hulking Hurler can throw a light load as an improvised weapon.
>
>Now give the hurler some levels of War Hulk (which increases Str
>instead of BAB) and a means of increasing his size further
>(access to the Expansion power, say), so his size goes up to
>Huge or even Gargantuan.
>
>With this size and cranked-up Str, the hurler's light load limit
>is in the tons. So he can throw objects weighing thousands of
>pounds as improvised weapons.
>
>I don't know the exact formula for translating weight into
>damage for improvised weapons, but at these weights, it gets
>pretty sick.
>
>-Ben Adams

Or you just say that an improvised weapon can't do more than 20d6
damage. The tweaked out HH suddenly seems a lot less fun...

--
Tetsubo
My page: http://home.comcast.net/~tetsubo/
--------------------------------------
If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
-- Anatole France

"Benjamin Adams" <benadams1@cox.net> wrote in message
> "Malachias Invictus" <capt_malachias@hotmail.com> wrote in
>

>> "Geoff Watson" <geoffwatson@pacific.net.au> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Werebat" <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote

>>> That's really a problem with the improvised weapon rules, not the
>>> Hulking Hurler directly.
>>
>> Elaborate, please.
>
> A Hulking Hurler can throw a light load as an improvised weapon.

Ouch! That gets sickening with increased size.

> Now give the hurler some levels of War Hulk (which increases Str
> instead of BAB) and a means of increasing his size further
> (access to the Expansion power, say),

Expansion? I have not heard of this. What book is it in, and what does it
do?

> so his size goes up to Huge or even Gargantuan.

Heh.

> With this size and cranked-up Str, the hurler's light load limit
> is in the tons. So he can throw objects weighing thousands of
> pounds as improvised weapons.

Yep.

> I don't know the exact formula for translating weight into
> damage for improvised weapons, but at these weights, it gets
> pretty sick.

Of course, carrying that much stuff might be a bit of a pain...

--

Justisaur wrote:

> Werebat wrote:
>
>>Justisaur wrote:
>>
>>>Here's the list of Pestige Classes with number of hits on google per
>>>Werebat's criteria on banning...
>>
>>Google reads the WotC Character Optimization board?
>>
>>I usually have to go to Yahoo to get that.
>>

>>>The only one which isn't banned by his rules is the Magicless "Variant
>>>Paladin" which got no hits. As this obviously isn't working I stopped
>>>before going through the feats.
>>>
>>>I've sorted them by the number of hits. I think the commonality of the
>>>name has more to do with the hits, even though character optimization
>>>was required... Also many of these, especially Order of the Bow
>>>Initiate existed in previous forms that may be more broken, and
>>>therefore have gotten more hits than they should.
>>
>>That's a fair point. Some things were cleaned up from 3.0 to 3.5.
>

>>Looking at this I'd say if you get 50 hits you're getting into the "hot"
>>zone. Most seem to think Bear Warrior is an underpowered class, and we
>>all know about the Hulking Hurler.
>>

> I've done some more monkeying with searches. Yahoo definately shows up
> more hits. Using the same search paramaters - "Wizards.COMmunity
> Boards > d20 System Games > d20 Related Topics > Character
> Optimization" "PRC" on boards1.wizards.com (site:boards1.wizards.com on
> google, on yahoo have to use the advanced search form AFAICT)
>
> Google:
> Bear Warrior 6
> Hulking Hurler 13
>
> Yahoo:
> Bear Warrior 36
> Hulking Hurler 51
>
> I also found the links from yahoo actually work, where I've been having
> problems with those from google. But it appears Yahoo is inflating
> it's hits, it gives you the blurb for omitting similar results, and
> only gives 11 for bear warrior and 20 for Hulking Hurler if you go to
> the end of the listing.
>
> And lastly I found another issue with this method, which is that
> someone is using Bear Warrior as part of thier sig, significantly
> raising the # of hits
>
> It's still probably a good method of identifying problem PRCs, Feats
> etc, one just may have to throw out some results like the bear warrior
> being higher than it should.

At the very least it's a good "heads up" that the DM should carefully
scrutinize something that one of his players wants to try.

- Ron ^*^

Justisaur wrote:

> However even with that, just one the first page I read one could get up
> to +44 from str alone, which combined with 20d6 is 114 average damage,
> and I believe it was mentioned 5 attacks a round, which is a total of
> 570 damage a round, assuming hits which shouldn't be hard considering
> the +44 to hit from strength. I'd still consider that pretty broken.

What +44 to hit from strength? Thrown weapons are ranged weapons
and thus use the dex bonus to hit unless this class changes that
somehow.

DougL

Justisaur wrote:

>Tetsubo wrote:
>

>>Benjamin Adams wrote:
>>

>>>"Malachias Invictus" <capt_malachias@hotmail.com> wrote in

>>>A Hulking Hurler can throw a light load as an improvised weapon.
>>>
>>>Now give the hurler some levels of War Hulk (which increases Str
>>>instead of BAB) and a means of increasing his size further
>>>(access to the Expansion power, say), so his size goes up to
>>>Huge or even Gargantuan.
>>>
>>>With this size and cranked-up Str, the hurler's light load limit
>>>is in the tons. So he can throw objects weighing thousands of
>>>pounds as improvised weapons.
>>>
>>>I don't know the exact formula for translating weight into
>>>damage for improvised weapons, but at these weights, it gets
>>>pretty sick.
>>>
>>>-Ben Adams
>>>

>> Or you just say that an improvised weapon can't do more than 20d6
>>damage. The tweaked out HH suddenly seems a lot less fun...
>>

>I got around to reading the threads on wizards about that. They are
>making a LOT of assumptions that by the letter of the rules are
>correct, like the 20d6 cap only applies to damage from falling objects,
>not thrown ones - because for instance one could conceivably cause
>something to exceed terminal velocity by putting enough power behind
>it. But that would be difficult if not impossible to get all of them
>by any DM.
>
>However even with that, just one the first page I read one could get up
>to +44 from str alone, which combined with 20d6 is 114 average damage,
>and I believe it was mentioned 5 attacks a round, which is a total of
>570 damage a round, assuming hits which shouldn't be hard considering
>the +44 to hit from strength. I'd still consider that pretty broken.
>
>- Justisaur.

For me (as a GM) this doesn't pass the basic, "Does this make sense"
rule. Just because something MIGHT be possible within the framework of
the game mechanics doesn't mean that I have to allow it to exist within
my campaign. Basic "red flags": Where do you find objects that big? How
does one grip them? How can you carry them? How can you carry more than
ONE of them? An improvised thrown weapon has a range increment of 10
feet. Even with a Feat to extend the range to an increment of 20 that
isn't much of a "ranged" threat...

I might even rule that an improvised weapon requires a full round
action. The item isn't design to be used as a weapon after all....

Any player that tried to get this PrC combo passed me would be
laughed off of the gaming table. The idea of a tweaked out HH is fine by
me. If a player wants a one trick pony I'm not going to stop them. Heck,
the Warlock could be described as a one trick pony (though a very cool
one...).

This HH build is like an episode of Knightrider the TV show. EVERY
episode required a car chase, how convenient... "Hey look, a bad guy!
How handy, a HUGE, SOLID object that I can hurl at him! The day is
saved!" If I wanted to play He-man I'd use the rules for TOON...

--
Tetsubo
My page: http://home.comcast.net/~tetsubo/
--------------------------------------
If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
-- Anatole France

Malachias Invictus <capt_malachias@hotmail.com> wrote:
>"Benjamin Adams" <benadams1@cox.net> wrote in message

>> Now give the hurler some levels of War Hulk (which increases Str
>> instead of BAB) and a means of increasing his size further
>> (access to the Expansion power, say),

>Expansion? I have not heard of this. What book is it in, and what does
>it do?

XPsiHB. Kinda like /enlarge person/.

>> I don't know the exact formula for translating weight into
>> damage for improvised weapons, but at these weights, it gets
>> pretty sick.

The rule (in CWar) is that 200 lbs. == 4d6 damage; every additional
200 lbs. or fraction == +1d6.

>Of course, carrying that much stuff might be a bit of a pain...

Well, high-density materials will keep the volume down, but finding
a backpack that will hold several tons of stuff might be difficult.

--
--DcB

After getting my search refined enough, here's the watch list of
everything in the complete warrior:

CLASSES
6 Hexblade
5 Swashbuckler
3 Samurai

PRCS
13 Hulking Hurler
6 Bear Warrior
4 Drunken Master
4 Frenzied Berserker
4 Order of the Bow Initiate
4 Warshaper
3 Bladesinger
3 Cavalier
3 Exotic Weapon Master
3 Halfling Outrider
3 Invisible Blade
3 Justiciar
3 Master Thrower
3 Occult Slayer
3 War Chanter

FEATS
21 Earth's Embrace
7 Shock Trooper
5 Combat Brute
5 Hammer's Edge
4 Karmic Strike
4 Divine Might
3 Arcane Strike
3 Elusive Target
2 Dash
2 Extra Rage
2 Fleet of Foot
2 Flying Kick
2 Freezing the Lifeblood
2 Improved Combat Expertise

As noted in the previous thread Bear Warrior was in someone's sig, so
we can probably throw that out. Earth's Embrace didn't seem to come up
right, so it's probably able to be thrown out, but someone might have a
different idea about it.

I'm not entirely sure about this list either, as Zen Archery only got
1, and it's possibly overpowered. We can start with this list and move
from here, and move stuff up and down from here.

Here's the ones that didn't make the watch list:

CLASSES
1 Variant Ranger
0 Variant Paladin

PRCs
2 Dark Hunter
2 Dervish
2 Purple Dragon Knight
2 Rage Mage
2 Spellsword
1 Darkwood Stalker
1 Eye of Gruumsh
1 Gnome Giant Slayer
1 Hunter of the Dead
1 Kensai
1 Knight of the Chalice
1 Knight Protector
1 Master of the Unseen Hand
1 Mindspy
1 Nature's Warrior
1 Reaping Mauler
1 Tattooed Monk
1 Thayan Knight
0 Ravager
0 Ronin
0 Stonelord

FEATS
1 Clever Wrestling
1 Close-Quarters Fighting
1 Defensive Strike
1 Defensive Throw
1 Eagle Claw Attack
1 Extend Rage
1 Extra Smiting
1 Fists of Iron
1 Greater Two-Weapon Defense
1 Hold the Line
1 Improved Rapid Shot
1 Improved Toughness
1 Improved Two-Weapon Defense
1 Instantaneous Rage
1 Kiai Shout
1 Greater Kiai Shout
1 Pain Touch
1 Power Critical
1 Ranged Disarm
1 Ranged Pin
1 Ranged Sunder
1 Rapid Stunning
1 Shield Charge
1 Swarmfighting
1 Throw Anything
1 Zen Archery
1 Divine Cleansing
1 Divine Shield
1 Sun School
1 Crescent Moon
0 Arterial Strike
0 Axiomatic Strike
0 Destructive Rage
0 Extra Stunning
0 Eyes in the Back of Your Head
0 Faster Healing
0 Favored Power Attack
0 Flick of the Wrist
0 Greater Resiliency
0 Hamstring
0 Improved Buckler Defense
0 Improved Weapon Familiarity
0 Intimidating Rage
0 Phalanx Fighting
0 Pin Shield
0 Prone Attack
0 Sharp-Shooting
0 Sheild Slam
0 Weakening Touch
0 Divine Resistance
0 Divine Vengeance
0 Divine Vigor
0 Calvalry Charager
0 Formation Expert
0 Giantbane
0 Raptor School
0 Anvil of Thunder
0 Bear Fang
0 High Sword Low Axe
0 Lightning Mace
0 Net and Trident
0 Quick Staff
0 Spinning Halberd
0 Three Mountains

- Justisaur

DougL <doug.lampert@tdytsi.com> wrote:
>What +44 to hit from strength? Thrown weapons are ranged weapons
>and thus use the dex bonus to hit unless this class changes that
>somehow.

There's a feat in Complete Adventurer (IIRC) that's the opposite
of Weapon Finesse, for thrown weapons.

Donald

Donald Tsang wrote:

> DougL <doug.lampert@tdytsi.com> wrote:
>
>>What +44 to hit from strength? Thrown weapons are ranged weapons
>>and thus use the dex bonus to hit unless this class changes that
>>somehow.
>

> There's a feat in Complete Adventurer (IIRC) that's the opposite
> of Weapon Finesse, for thrown weapons.

Power Throw, and all giants should substitute one of their lamer feats
for it. It's stupid that they don't retroactively have it.

- Ron ^*^

Dave Butler wrote:
> Malachias Invictus <capt_malachias@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Of course, carrying that much stuff might be a bit of a pain...
>
> Well, high-density materials will keep the volume down, but finding
> a backpack that will hold several tons of stuff might be difficult.

This doesn't sound like a skill-reliant build, so just give him cross-class
ranks in UMD and a few wands of Shrink Item.

--
Mark.

Mark Blunden wrote:
> Dave Butler wrote:
>> Malachias Invictus <capt_malachias@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Of course, carrying that much stuff might be a bit of a pain...
>>
>> Well, high-density materials will keep the volume down, but finding
>> a backpack that will hold several tons of stuff might be difficult.
>
> This doesn't sound like a skill-reliant build, so just give him
> cross-class ranks in UMD and a few wands of Shrink Item.

Forgot to add: The wand will have a limit of 10 cubic feet at default caster
level. A cubical steel missile at that size will weigh 4900 lb, and will
shrink down to weigh 1.225 lb, and be around 1" wide. No need for a
backpack, a pocket will do.

--
Mark.

Mark Blunden wrote:

> Mark Blunden wrote:
>
>>Dave Butler wrote:

>>>Well, high-density materials will keep the volume down, but finding
>>>a backpack that will hold several tons of stuff might be difficult.
>>
>>This doesn't sound like a skill-reliant build, so just give him
>>cross-class ranks in UMD and a few wands of Shrink Item.
>

> Forgot to add: The wand will have a limit of 10 cubic feet at default caster
> level. A cubical steel missile at that size will weigh 4900 lb, and will
> shrink down to weigh 1.225 lb, and be around 1" wide. No need for a
> backpack, a pocket will do.

10 cubic feet <> a ten-foot cube!

- Ron ^*^

Werebat wrote:
> Mark Blunden wrote:
>
>> Mark Blunden wrote:

>>> This doesn't sound like a skill-reliant build, so just give him
>>> cross-class ranks in UMD and a few wands of Shrink Item.
>>

>> Forgot to add: The wand will have a limit of 10 cubic feet at
>> default caster level. A cubical steel missile at that size will
>> weigh 4900 lb, and will shrink down to weigh 1.225 lb, and be around
>> 1" wide. No need for a backpack, a pocket will do.
>
> 10 cubic feet <> a ten-foot cube!

I didn't claim it was. It's just over 2' in each dimension (exactly 2' makes
an 8-cubic-foot cube - I don't have a calculator handy that can cube-root
10, and my maths aren't up to it off-the-cuff). All the above figures were
based on that; one cubic foot of cast steel weighs 490 lb according to a
materials list found via Google, and a 2' wide cube shrinks down to 1/16th
size with Shrink Item, making it 1.5" wide (okay, I dropped the .5
previously) and 1/4000 mass.

--
Mark.

Mere moments before death, Mark Blunden hastily scrawled:
>(exactly 2' makes
>an 8-cubic-foot cube - I don't have a calculator handy that can cube-root
>10, and my maths aren't up to it off-the-cuff).

cube root(10) = 2.15443469

Google loves you.

Ed Chauvin IV

modifier G @ 11.

--Terry Austin

KAOS

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 13:29:41 -0400, Tetsubo <tetsubo@comcast.net>
dared speak in front of ME:

>Justisaur wrote:
<Snip>
> [...]
<snip>

> For me (as a GM) this doesn't pass the basic, "Does this make sense"
>rule. Just because something MIGHT be possible within the framework of
>the game mechanics doesn't mean that I have to allow it to exist within
>my campaign. Basic "red flags": Where do you find objects that big? How
>does one grip them? How can you carry them? How can you carry more than
>ONE of them?

Finding the objects may be questionable, but check the size on the
beast. Huge to Gargantuan.

Grip is not going to be a problem, and carrying them will only be a
matter of finding a strong enough material for Gargantuan sized sacks.

--
Address no longer works.
try removing all numbers from

Ed Chauvin IV wrote:
> Mere moments before death, Mark Blunden hastily scrawled:
>> (exactly 2' makes
>> an 8-cubic-foot cube - I don't have a calculator handy that can
>> cube-root 10, and my maths aren't up to it off-the-cuff).
>
> cube root(10) = 2.15443469
>
> Google loves you.

It says that, but it never calls...

--