xp2100+ temperature?

mfud

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2002
hi

i have a xp2100+ processor but i think it is maybe a little hot.
im without clue with those temperatures issues.
i beleive it exists different temperatures.. from the cpu, the memory, the motherboard and maybe also the hard disk and the graphics card.

can you give me some precisions about?

thanks.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
? I have a hard time following your post.

The temps can vary, but if your not having issues the temp is fine, if you are having issues the temp is not the first place I would check.

:wink: The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark :wink:

mfud

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2002
i would like to know if it is normal that my cpu is beginning to smell as plastic?
if this is not the case, maybe you can give me some precisions about the right temperatures we should expect to have.

thanks

cellbiogeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The way to tell if your CPU is too hot:
1) You smell something burning and you can no longer get to POST. You take the heat sink off the processor (when the computer is off) and notice scorching around the raised central part of the processor (the die). In this case you have a dead processor.

2) You're having random lock-ups that go away when you have your case opened up (and thus have cooler air circulating over your heatsink). In this case you need to increase airflow through the case and/or remount your heatsink (only if you know how to do this correctly).

3) You have NO problems with your computer whatsoever, but you still smell something burning. In this case, something in your house is burning and you need to check the toaster, oven, curling iron, stove, etc. and possibly call the fire department.

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Your case must have good circulation. 80mm case fans will help a lot. Make sure there is nothing over CPU fan and all cables are tucked away.

How many fans you have now?

You are limited to what your mind can perceive.

mfud

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2002
i have one fan above the heatsink and another one at the front of my case.
i have also a fan in the rear of the case and 2 fans for the alimentation.
all seem to work correctly.

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
<A HREF="http://mbm.livewiredev.com/" target="_new">Motherboard Monitor</A> is the preferred utility for measuring CPU and system temperature, as well as fan RPMs and voltage rails. It can't measure everything in your system, but it can almost certainly measure your CPU temp.

<pre>We now <b>return</b>(<font color=blue>-1</font color=blue>) to an irregular program scheduler.</pre><p>