(second best) spell to store in a spell storing weapon

.... or, how much wood would a woodchuck chuck ...

IME, the best option is Dispel Magic at the highest CL the wielder can
find.
What would you say is the second best choice? Arcane and divine?

Silveraxe.
7 answers Last reply
More about second best spell store spell storing weapon

    Silveraxe schrieb:
    > ... or, how much wood would a woodchuck chuck ...
    >
    > IME, the best option is Dispel Magic at the highest CL the wielder can
    > find.
    > What would you say is the second best choice? Arcane and divine?
    >
    > Silveraxe.

    Hold Person
    arcane for +1 save DC

    (but i would place this as nr 1 and dispel as nr 2 )

    Contagion as close third

    Silveraxe wrote:
    > ... or, how much wood would a woodchuck chuck ...
    >
    > IME, the best option is Dispel Magic at the highest CL the wielder can
    > find.
    > What would you say is the second best choice? Arcane and divine?
    >
    > Silveraxe.

    This depends a lot on your fighting style and role in the party. For a
    sword-and-board tank, for instance, who is more interested in taking
    attacks for the party than maximizing his damage output, Ray of
    Enfeeblement or Ray of Exhaustion are great choices. (NOTE:
    technically, neither of these can be put into a spell storing weapon,
    but I would allow it, because... well, why not?)

    For your basic greatsword fighter, Vampiric Touch is great. Ghoul Touch
    would be awesome, if it didn't end up sickening the wielder (rules
    quirk: the _weapon_ is considered the caster of the spell, meaning that
    the wielder would not be granted immunity to Ghoul Touch's sickness
    effect).

    Laszlo

    Same with Vampiric Touch isn't it - so the weapon gets the temporary
    hit points for being the caster. Weird, but there you go.

    It's not a bad way to protect your weapon against sundering.

    I would think that Scorching Ray would be even better than Dispel
    Magic.

    11th level caster, you'd be doing 3 rays at 4d6 each.

    Jimmer wrote:
    > I would think that Scorching Ray would be even better than Dispel
    > Magic.
    >
    > 11th level caster, you'd be doing 3 rays at 4d6 each.

    You can't do Scorching Ray as it's not a "Targeted" spell. i.e. one
    with something like "Target: <whatever>" in it's description.

    Silveraxe <avidroleplayer@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >IME, the best option is Dispel Magic at the highest CL the wielder can
    >find.

    Up to 10th...

    >What would you say is the second best choice? Arcane and divine?

    I'm not sure this is the *best*, but my Monk/Druid used to put
    Poison in his spell-storing Kama, because I figured a spell that
    was 4th level for everyone else seeemed like a good choice.

    Donald

Games Video Games