GMW-ed Defending weapons.

Would you allow the temporary enhancement bonus of the weapon from GMW
to be transfered as a bonus to AC as per the Defending special ability?

Silveraxe.
3 answers Last reply
More about defending weapons

    On 29 Jun 2005 00:38:35 -0700, "Silveraxe" <avidroleplayer@yahoo.com>
    scribed into the ether:

    >Would you allow the temporary enhancement bonus of the weapon from GMW
    >to be transfered as a bonus to AC as per the Defending special ability?

    Not without bumping up the level of the GMW weapon spell by about 3 levels.

    In article <1120030714.914574.293770@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    Silveraxe <avidroleplayer@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >Would you allow the temporary enhancement bonus of the weapon from GMW
    >to be transfered as a bonus to AC as per the Defending special ability?

    Are you asking:

    (a) does GMW automatically grant the "Defending" ability? [NO]
    (b) if you cast GMW on a +1 Defending weapon, can you use the
    full GMW Enhancement bonus as AC bonus? [YES; note that you
    cannot gain an AC bonus without lowering the effective "plus"
    of the weapon for attack/damage purposes]

    The same trick won't work with Holy Sword / Holy Weapon, since that
    spell explicitly overrides all of the existing powers on the target
    weapon, including "Defending" (and possibly even the ones granted
    by class abilities and subsequently-cast spells).

    Donald

    Donald Tsang wrote:
    > Silveraxe <avidroleplayer@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > >Would you allow the temporary enhancement bonus of the weapon from GMW
    > >to be transfered as a bonus to AC as per the Defending special ability?
    >
    > Are you asking:
    >
    > (a) does GMW automatically grant the "Defending" ability? [NO]

    Um, yeah, I can see how you COULD parse my OP to get this, but it's so
    absurd I thought it would not even be considered.

    > (b) if you cast GMW on a +1 Defending weapon, can you use the
    > full GMW Enhancement bonus as AC bonus? [YES; note that you
    > cannot gain an AC bonus without lowering the effective "plus"
    > of the weapon for attack/damage purposes]

    Ok. Thank you.

    Silveraxe.

Games Video Games