GMW-ed Defending weapons.

Would you allow the temporary enhancement bonus of the weapon from GMW
to be transfered as a bonus to AC as per the Defending special ability?

Silveraxe.

On 29 Jun 2005 00:38:35 -0700, "Silveraxe" <avidroleplayer@yahoo.com>
scribed into the ether:

>Would you allow the temporary enhancement bonus of the weapon from GMW
>to be transfered as a bonus to AC as per the Defending special ability?

Not without bumping up the level of the GMW weapon spell by about 3 levels.

In article <1120030714.914574.293770@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
Silveraxe <avidroleplayer@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Would you allow the temporary enhancement bonus of the weapon from GMW
>to be transfered as a bonus to AC as per the Defending special ability?

Are you asking:

(a) does GMW automatically grant the "Defending" ability? [NO]
(b) if you cast GMW on a +1 Defending weapon, can you use the
full GMW Enhancement bonus as AC bonus? [YES; note that you
cannot gain an AC bonus without lowering the effective "plus"
of the weapon for attack/damage purposes]

The same trick won't work with Holy Sword / Holy Weapon, since that
spell explicitly overrides all of the existing powers on the target
weapon, including "Defending" (and possibly even the ones granted
by class abilities and subsequently-cast spells).

Donald

Donald Tsang wrote:
> Silveraxe <avidroleplayer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >Would you allow the temporary enhancement bonus of the weapon from GMW
> >to be transfered as a bonus to AC as per the Defending special ability?
>
> Are you asking:
>
> (a) does GMW automatically grant the "Defending" ability? [NO]

Um, yeah, I can see how you COULD parse my OP to get this, but it's so
absurd I thought it would not even be considered.

> (b) if you cast GMW on a +1 Defending weapon, can you use the
> full GMW Enhancement bonus as AC bonus? [YES; note that you
> cannot gain an AC bonus without lowering the effective "plus"
> of the weapon for attack/damage purposes]

Ok. Thank you.

Silveraxe.