is the p4 a worthy value?

pc2_c

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2002
hi

i would like to buy another processor. now my configuration is based on AMD cpus. i don't know if should buy a Intel or a AMD processor. i can spend around 600$ for the cpu.
has someone a idea about?

thanks

buddry

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2002
If you got that much money to spend on a CPU, there is no reason not to go with intel.

That is a nice <b><font color=green>Garbage Can</font color=green></b> you have there!

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
for around that much you can get the top of the line P4 (at the moment, might cost less in a week)

<font color=red>Got a silent setup, now I can hear myself thinking.... great silence</font color=red>

FatBurger

Illustrious
If you want to overclock, the P4 is the best value and can overclock above Athlon's performance. If you don't want to overclock, the Athlon is still the best.

Course, if you want to waste your money, you could get a 2.53 and run it at stock. Good performance, but not a good value.

<font color=blue>Hi mom!</font color=blue>

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
check <A HREF="http://overclockers.cssftware.com/cpudb/index.cfm" target="_new">overclockers.com</A>...you'll see that you can overclock the kimchee out of P4 northwoods...

:eek: <b>Who fixed <font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s leaky faucet??</b> :eek:

TRENDING THREADS