Sign in with
Your question

Keyboard doesn't work in Windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
May 29, 2010 8:30:05 PM

Hello, my keyboard works fine for the BIOS but as soon as windows starts it stops.

It's not recognized in the device manager but will occasionally show (still doesn't work). And I know it's not a USB problem because I've switched ports and all other USB devices work, including the mouse.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please, excuse any mistakes, this was typed using the on-screen keyboard. Also sorry if this was the wrong location for this thread .

More about : keyboard work windows

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
May 29, 2010 9:12:36 PM

What is the make and model of your keyboard?
m
l
a b \ Driver
a c 209 $ Windows 7
May 29, 2010 11:52:07 PM

Do you have it plugged directly into the computer or into a hub? If a hub, try plugging it directly into the computer itself.
m
l
Related resources
May 30, 2010 2:19:44 AM

It's a Razer Lycosa. I have no clue what the problem was but it's working again now.

Thanks for trying to help
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
May 30, 2010 9:50:25 AM

I have a Lycosa and this is a known issue.
Razer has stated that this issue has been resolved.
I personally don't believe so.
Here's a link to see if your particular KB falls into that category.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/razer-lycosa-defective...

My Lycosa is a serial # that is supposedly unaffected by the defect.

My kb has some of the associated issues of the defective production numbers.

I've contacted Razer support and they have agreed to replace my kb.

I haven't bothered to follow through with the rma just because it's a pita and my kb doesn't exhibit the worst characteristics of the known problems.
I have learned to live with it.

My touchpad and lighting aren't affected but keys sometimes become unresponsive which over time is becoming much more infrequent of an occurence.
I resolve this by unplugging my usb's and re-applying them .
In the past month Razer has released new drivers for Windows 7.
And i've had issues maybe twice in the last month which is much better then twice a day which it did at first.

One product that i should have done some research on before purchase.
Personally i think this is a bigger problem then Razer is willing to admit.
I've ordered my G110.

m
l
January 17, 2013 2:16:06 PM

TravisBMcgee said:
Hello, my keyboard works fine for the BIOS but as soon as windows starts it stops.

It's not recognized in the device manager but will occasionally show (still doesn't work). And I know it's not a USB problem because I've switched ports and all other USB devices work, including the mouse.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please, excuse any mistakes, this was typed using the on-screen keyboard. Also sorry if this was the wrong location for this thread .

Solution: (for win 7 )

1. Connect wireless mouse to the pc. if your account has password then need wireless keyboard too. if you have two admin accounts and if one can login without password then only wireless mouse is enough. you can remove the password in other account using control panel (if you want it) .

NOTE: backup your valuable files before go to the next step.

2. Use the on-screen keyboard built on windows. In start menu type cmd (command prompt) and press enter . type "wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:976932" and press enter. it will start to remove service pack 1 and will restart the machine.

3. Put the win7 cd to CDROM and start installation and select "Upgrade windows"

Thats it. good luck ! :bounce: 
m
l
!