Laptop requirments

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Photoshop
  • Illustrator
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
September 10, 2011 9:31:13 AM

Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a laptop, mainly for graphic designing (photoshop, illustrator).

Is it possible to find a laptop that can handle these applications smoothly for 1000$?

What are the most important components for my requirments?

Thank you in advance,
Yiftach.

More about : laptop requirments

September 10, 2011 10:48:41 AM

Thank you... :D 

1. What is your budget?
1000$+-

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 14"-15"

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1920x1200

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable

5. How much battery life do you need? 3-4 hours of Web surfing +-

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? Yes, Call of Duty - medium settings

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? The main use is for Photoshop, Illustrator (non-3d)

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Min. 500 GB

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2-3 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? dvd-writer

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them I prefer Lenovo, Dell or Asus because of the international warranty they offer.

13. What country do you live in? Israel, but purchasing the computer in the states.

Thank you very, very much!
m
l
Related resources
a c 550 D Laptop
September 10, 2011 5:57:29 PM

Just be aware that if color accuracy is important, then your choices will be severely limited and you would generally need to more double your budget.

Nearly all laptops have TN panels LCD tech and they are not known for color accuracy when color accuracy is critical. TN panels are good enough for the average user though. They also have poor viewing angles which affects color accuracy as well.

The 12.5" Lenovo X220 has a $50 option for an e-IPS panel and certain HP Elitebook 8000 series model have an option for "DreamColor" which upgrades the screen to a H-IPS panel. However, Elitebooks start at around $1,700, the "DreamColor" option is a $400 option the last time I've checked, and only the more expensive models have the option.

H-IPS panels are capable of very high color accuracy if this is of the utmost importance. e-IPS panels are kinda of like a compromise between a TN panel and H-IPS panels. They are relatively inexpensive (unlike H-IPS panels) and have better color accuracy than TN panels, but not as good as H-IPS panels.

Good luck in your search.
m
l
September 11, 2011 9:11:58 AM

I'm quite aware of the TN panel issues and I have a IPS monitor that i'll connect my laptop to during work.
Thank you both for your answers and effort.
m
l
!