Percent symbol on keyboard

May 12, 2005 7:51:59 AM

I find it almost impossible to enter the % sign with Graffiti2, and I
can't find it on the keyboard. Same for the trademark and copyright
symbols. What am I missing?

Phil Hibbs.
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 4:08:15 PM

<snarks@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I find it almost impossible to enter the % sign with Graffiti2, and I
> can't find it on the keyboard. Same for the trademark and copyright
> symbols. What am I missing?
>
> Phil Hibbs.

On a T3 the % symbol is on the numeric keyboard, extreme bottom right
corner.

Or you can draw a vertical upstroke, then the % symbol as little circle,
oblique, little circle just the way you would draw a % sign and then another
upstroke.

Copyright is accomplished with a vertical upstroke, a "c" enclosed in a
circle drawn anticlockwise from the top and then another vertical upstroke
to finish.

Trademark is a bit hard to describe - much easier just to look in the
Graffiti 2 help just as I have done.
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 6:21:48 AM

Ah . . . for those halycon dates of "Graffiti 1" (when it was just
called "Graffiti") and the percent symbol was a punctuation shift and
a very easy to make curly-cue, the copyright symbol was the extended
shift (one diagonal stroke) and an "C", and the trademark symbol was
the extended shift and an "M". See
http://palm.vanbrayne.com/graffiti_r.html for diagrams.

Depending on your particular Palm Pilot there's probably a way to
restore Graffiti 1 in its entireity if you search around on the
internet. You can also always buy TealScript
(http://www.tealpoint.com/softscrp.htm) to change the strokes to suit
your taste.

You also might find a program like LChars to be very useful as an
alternative way of accessing unusual characters:

http://lthaler.free.fr/lchars.htm

A number of other such freeware programs (TSFonts, AsciiChart,
DispChars, SymbolFinder) can be found here:

http://www.freewarepalm.com/fonts/fonts_utilities.shtml
June 2, 2005 12:53:29 PM

There's no way that I'm going to visit www.freewarepalm.com again. It
pops up about 6 additional Internet Explorer windows, attempts to
deceive me with misleading adverts, and crashes Firefox.

I have downloaded lchars from the first link, but do you know where the
others can be downloaded from? I'm sure I can find them with a bit of
googling so don't worry unless you happen to know another good source
of palm freeware.

Phil Hibbs.
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 1:39:07 PM

I probably have way too many extensions installed.

Phil Hibbs.
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 2:09:50 PM

Works fine for me with Mozilla Firefox with the popup blocker enabled.

On 6/2/05 09:53 AM, snarks@gmail.com wrote:
> There's no way that I'm going to visit www.freewarepalm.com again. It
> pops up about 6 additional Internet Explorer windows, attempts to
> deceive me with misleading adverts, and crashes Firefox.
>
> I have downloaded lchars from the first link, but do you know where the
> others can be downloaded from? I'm sure I can find them with a bit of
> googling so don't worry unless you happen to know another good source
> of palm freeware.
>
> Phil Hibbs.

Anonymous
June 2, 2005 8:43:22 PM

snarks@gmail.com wrote:

>There's no way that I'm going to visit www.freewarepalm.com again. It
>pops up about 6 additional Internet Explorer windows, attempts to
>deceive me with misleading adverts, and crashes Firefox.

Really? I wasn't even aware that they had popups. I use the old mozilla with
*everything* turned off. Works great. I only use IE for the sites I know are
safe since I've never run any virus software. Firefox should do the same though,
maybe you should tweak it a little and try again...
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 10:50:50 PM

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 at 15:53 GMT, <snarks@gmail.com> wrote:

> There's no way that I'm going to visit www.freewarepalm.com again. It
> pops up about 6 additional Internet Explorer windows, attempts to
> deceive me with misleading adverts, and crashes Firefox.

I run Firefox through freeware privoxy and see no popups, banners,
stability problems etc.

http://www.privoxy.org/

--
http://cbsrmt.mousetrap.net/RMTdb/ CBS Radio Mystery Theater database