Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Autocad r14 for windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
March 4, 2013 12:04:25 AM

I want to install Autocad R14 so I can recover some important drawings made on that system. I upgraded from XP Pro to windows 7 and could not activate Autocad R14.
The SmartHeap Library brings up MEM_BAD_POINTER stopping the program to be opened.
I understand that this occurs because the SP3 pack related to XP Pro enabled this old CAD program to work.
My questin is if it is possible to download some software to eliminate MEM_BAD_POINTER.

Bernard Cost,
E-mail adress: bpncost@gmail.com

More about : autocad r14 windows

a b $ Windows 7
March 4, 2013 2:55:12 PM

Try running Autocad in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3.

Click the Autocad shortcut and choose "Properties".
Click the "Compatibility" tab.
Tick the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for .....".
Select "Windows XP SP3"
Click 'OK'.
Now try running Autocad.
Score
March 7, 2013 4:22:15 PM

@phil22 - having the same problem even after changing the properties...any other suggestions?
Score
a b $ Windows 7
March 7, 2013 7:39:59 PM

XP mode. When my work PC was upgraded from Win XP 32-bit to Win 7 64-bit, I couldn't open my Acronis backups. The new, 64-bit Win7 version of Acronis couldn't handle the files.

So I installed XP mode, installed Acronis in the XP virtual machine, and recovered my files. Let me know if you are interested in this approach. Make backup copies of the important files first, JUST IN CASE.

I would also suggest that you contact the makers of Autocad and upgrade to a Win7-compatible version, after they promise in writing that it will open your older files.
Score
!