Closed

How to make bootable pendrive

Hello,
hi how can i create a bootable usb?
7 answers Last reply
More about make bootable pendrive
  1. Install an OS to it, would be that simple I think. If you plan on Windows, then you will need at least 20GB of space on it, a Linux variant will depend on the actual variant.
  2. Try this, I assume you're using Windows 7? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98xlSjTyCaQ

You won't need more than an 8GB flash drive, I've done this many times before (with a different video, though this should be sufficient) and 8GB is enough.
  3. Bootable as in you can boot a computer using the OS on the drive, or "bootable" as in you can install the OS from it?
  4. Hello MEATHEAD here Sounds to me that you need the procedure for making a bootable usb
    The first thing you need is at least a 4 gig usb The file is only a little over 3 gigs-
    Now you have to format it H
  5. Hello MEATHEAD here sounds to me like you need a procedure to create a bootable usb. So first i'll give you a website to download your windows ISO file
    Now download WINDOWS DOWNLOAD TOOL next download FREE DOWNLOAD MANAGER. You should use it to download your ISO file because it's over 2 gigs

http://www.mydigitallife.info/download-windows-7-iso-official-32-bit-and-64-bit-direct-download-links/

First you need at least a 4 gig usb. The file is a little larger than 3 gigs
    Now you have to format it. So insert the usb and follow these steps
    #1 go to command prompt start/acsessories/right click command prompt/click run as administrator
    #2 type diskpart ( hit enter every time you type something )
    #3 type list disk
    #4 type select disk ( here you will need to select the # or letter assigned to your usb.
    you can tell by the size of it )
    #5 type clean
    #6 type create partition primary
    #7 type select partition (here normally you would use the same # or letter as in step
    #4 if you get an error message like i do select the disk that has 0 mb if you have one
    #5 type clean
    #6 type create partition primary
    #7 type select partition ( normally ou would select the same # or letter as in step #4
    if you get an error message like i do then select the disk with 0 mb if you have one.
    #8 type active
    #9 type format fs=fat32
    it should now begin formatting it will take the better part of a half hour to complete
    Now bring up your download tool
    #10 click BROWSE
    #11 find your ISO file ( click on te little box to the left of computer and local disk will drop down. ) click on it
    #12 Left then right click on DOWNLOADS
    #13 it will drop it right in there for you
    #14 click next in your download tool
    #15 click usb
    Now you will probably have to change the selection where it says REMOVEABLE DISK
    so click the little arrow and select your usb
    #16 click BEGIN COPYING and there you go
    Good luck
  6. Hello MEATHEAD here I forgot to tell you that between steps 12 & 13 select your ISO file
  7. I wrote a tutorial about it with pictures and everything. Everything you need to know: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1846453/create-windows-usb-boot-tool.html
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Bootable Usb How To Pendrive Windows 7