Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrka

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
I do not know where to load the software of my usb cd-rom driver, cause i should to choose device (usb cd-rom device) almost at first sreen when i turn on my notebook. When i push the power button on notebook i think, i have to choose the usb cd-rom device where is windows instalation disc, but i cant do that cause my notebook cant see my usb cd-rom device

Mrka

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
I dont know if we understand each other... on my other notebook (toshiba) when i go on bios, at boot option, i have few chooises... boot from cd-rom, boot from floppy, boot form hard disk, boot from ether and boot from usb cd-rom... in bios of my asus notebook i havent the options boot from esb cd-rom and cause that i cant start my windows instalation...
can you help me about it?
Thanks!

Mrka

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
No, my windows dont wanna start and cause that i need to install a fresh copy, but i can not boot from usb cd-rom

Mrka

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
restarting over and over... when i try to go on safe mode, it stop on ndis.sys file and then restar again

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
Chances are your hard drive either has crosslinked files or your hard drive has bad sectors and is failing you will need boot disk or flash drive to check the condition of your drive.

If you have a flash drive with nothing on it or nothing important that you want to loose follow the instructions on this web page: Bootable System Diagnostics Tools

And do a hard drive advanced test if you have bad sectors you will need to backup important data and replace the hard drive.

If you have crosslinked files you need to boot a windows install disk use repair console and type chkdsk /r

Are you saying your notebook has no cdrom? is there no boot to usb in bios set that as first boot device.
If you can't figure it out best to bring it to a professional.

Does your laptop have a floppy drive? if not flashing from usb can damage your bios and is not recommended.

Mrka

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
Tech, probably you did not read well our posts...

My bios havent option to boot from usb flash or usb cd-rom

How you think then, that i boot from usb flash and check my hard drive???

Btw, my hard drive is totally ok, cause i put it on other notebook and instal windows normaly... it is tru, when i take it back on my asus windows wont starup cause i think it is different chipset or something, but it is not so importat...
Important is that my bios HAVE NOT optio to boot from usb devices...

I hope we understanb each other

Status
Not open for further replies.