FIRST DEAD HORSIE!!!

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
ROTFLMAO!!! hey AMD,...<i>Smack!</i> what was that for?...'cause you is a cheap bastard!

here are the details: <A HREF="http://www.lostcircuits.com/cpu/fxp_2200/" target="_new">http://www.lostcircuits.com/cpu/fxp_2200/</A>

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
did u get your rocks off on those pictures?

if you actually read the article the most likely explanation is that the end user furked it up.

*yawns* end of story.

<font color=purple>All advice I offer has been
Audited by Arthur Anderson.</font color=purple>

rcj187

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2002
Despite all necessary precautions on both the user and the manufacturer's sides, we have been able to inadvertently fry the AMD XP2200 Thoroughbred processor
obviously all necessary precautions didnt involve reading the mobo manual! otherwise hewouldnt have made the mistake of plugging the hsf into the PWR FAN header. like most of these the stories it can be summed up in just 2 words: USER ERROR!

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
lol

morons win the day again.

like ive said

some people are too dumb to deserve AMD products.

<font color=purple>All advice I offer has been
Audited by Arthur Anderson.</font color=purple>

cellbiogeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
All true, but I think they were curious why Asus' COP didn't prevent the CPU from frying. In any case this has absolutely nothing to do with AMD since COP was developed by Asus.

BarDwarf

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002
He's afraid of trying one out."

You mean "he is afraid of frying one out"

lol, even though Im all for AMD(because Intel is Evil) that was a great one :)

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
thoroughbred is a big dissapointment!

If the Clawhammer doesn't produce a big step up in performance for AMD, then the P4 gains another buyer!

This Community is like a Second Family!!

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
thoroughbred is a big dissapointment!

If the Clawhammer doesn't produce a big step up in performance for AMD, then the P4 gains another buyer!

A big dissapointment how? it dosent overclock well? thats the only thing wrong with it.

As for the hammer, they have 800mhz samples beating 1.6ghz p4s in quake 3, if that dosent float your boat then enjoy the p4.

:wink: The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark :wink:

eden

Champion
Am I the only one here or has this weekend been incredibly dull in this forum?
I hope some crushing news comes this week, or some new CPU reviews, cuz there ain't been much going on lately.

Hell Mat did you notice Ray came by ONLY to post about Tbred's OCability, then a few replies in the topic and then post a few more in other topics, and then disappears? I am disappointed in his behaviour, I could almost feel him trolling, but I won't say that for now. Just that he should've sticked longer, debated, replied more, rather than just discuss Tbred, and run along. I wonder if it has to do with him being kicked out of some forums? :frown:

--
:smile: Intel and AMD sitting under a tree, P-R-O-C-E-S-S-I-N-G! :smile:

FiL

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2002
"Am I the only one here or has this weekend been incredibly dull in this forum?
I hope some crushing news comes this week, or some new CPU reviews, cuz there ain't been much going on lately"

no you're not the only one....but i can't see any new cpu's coming out for another 4/5 weeks....like perhaps some higher clocked TBreds perhaps...

anyone know what the next Northwood is going to be? and when it'll be released?

Sigs are over-rated