Solved

What is the little knob on the front of my windows 7 laptop? by Tosiba

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Windows 7
  • Speakers
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
September 12, 2011 6:20:40 AM

I really can't see that it does anything, maybe it is a volumn know for when I use speakers for which I have not done,,,Maybe you can help. Thank you

More about : knob front windows laptop tosiba

September 12, 2011 6:32:21 AM

Hi there, you will need to give some specific info... like the model number for your laptop. (A pic of the knob might help too...)
m
l
a c 467 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
September 12, 2011 6:41:55 AM

You need to provide the specific model number.

You can also find out by looking through the owner's manual. It is typically a PDF file and is either already installed on to the laptop or it is on the CD that came with the laptop.
m
l
Related resources
September 19, 2011 2:38:54 AM

ryandsouza said:
Hi there, you will need to give some specific info... like the model number for your laptop. (A pic of the knob might help too...)

It is a Satelllite L455D-S5976 it is about 2 yrs old.. It is next to a couple of places that look like speaker
connections and then next to that is where you insert the Cards from cameras or phones... I appreciate your help......Thank you
m
l
September 19, 2011 2:40:51 AM

jaguarskx said:
You need to provide the specific model number.

You can also find out by looking through the owner's manual. It is typically a PDF file and is either already installed on to the laptop or it is on the CD that came with the laptop.

my laptop is a Satellite L455D-S5976 Thank you
m
l

Best solution

September 19, 2011 5:08:52 PM

Definitely looks like a volume control.
September 19, 2011 6:35:43 PM

Thank you so much, and have a great day.....
m
l
a c 467 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
September 19, 2011 8:39:26 PM

Your user manual should tell you what it is. The manual is likely a PDF file that is on a CD which came with your laptop.
m
l
September 26, 2011 4:42:37 AM

I JUST WANT TO TELL EVERYBODY THAT HELPED THANK YOU VERY MUCH, I BELIEVE ANY LITTLE BIT OF HELP I RECIEVED WAS BETTER THAN NON, GOD BLESS YOU ALL, AND THANKS AGAIN.....
I AM NOT A COMPUTER WISE PERSON, I AM STILL THE HUNT AND PECK, SO ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATIED.....tHANK YOU TO EVERY ONE, I AM SURE I WILL BE ASKING FOR SOME SILLY HELP AGAIN,,,,
tHANK YOU,
mARILYN
m
l
September 26, 2011 4:43:43 AM

Best answer selected by nyliram.
m
l
!