best video card for dim 3000?

I'm not a serious gamer. I just need a decent pc.

We got the Dell dimension 3000 and are disappointed with the graphics
for video files and some of our games.

With no AGP options, only PCI, what's the best video card I can get
that's compatible with this computer?

Thanks

Well, the 3000 was probably not the best choice, but I'm still surprised you
are having problems for video (gaming aside). I use my 2400 to drive my
home theatre system and it's great.

Tom
"way2rick" <way2rick@aol.com> wrote in message
> I'm not a serious gamer. I just need a decent pc.
>
> We got the Dell dimension 3000 and are disappointed with the graphics
> for video files and some of our games.
>
> With no AGP options, only PCI, what's the best video card I can get
> that's compatible with this computer?
>
> Thanks

Jim

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 19:28:03 -0500, "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net>
wrote:

>Well, the 3000 was probably not the best choice, but I'm still surprised you
>are having problems for video (gaming aside). I use my 2400 to drive my
>home theatre system and it's great.
>
>Tom
>"way2rick" <way2rick@aol.com> wrote in message
>> I'm not a serious gamer. I just need a decent pc.
>>
>> We got the Dell dimension 3000 and are disappointed with the graphics
>> for video files and some of our games.
>>
>> With no AGP options, only PCI, what's the best video card I can get
>> that's compatible with this computer?
>>
>> Thanks

I have to agree with Tom on the 2400 (no added video card). My family
just watched a DVD on the 2400 last nite and with a 17" flat panel
monitor, they said it looked fine with no freeze ups.