pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
while looking for a laptop (again)...i found <A HREF="http://webshop.fujitsupc.com/fpc/Ecommerce/buildseriesbean.do?series=AC" target="_new">this</A> at the fujitsu website.
its a laptop that has a P4 1.6C processor.
now...my question is: what does the "C" denote in that mobile cpu?

:eek: <b>Who fixed <font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s leaky faucet??</b> :eek:

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
i sure hope not...maybe an e-mail to intel may answer my questions...
here's another question: will intel respond to my e-mail?

:eek: <b>Who fixed <font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s leaky faucet??</b> :eek:

Slasher

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2002
Might it be possible they are using the "New" 478 pin Celeron

Money talks, so they say' but mine only says
"Goodbye"

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
<i>Slasher said:</i>
Might it be possible they are using the "New" 478 pin Celeron
that seems logical...but i sure hope not.

<i>FatBurger said:</i>
It's probably just the way they denote the mobile processor
if they were referring to mobile cpus...they would have put an "m" at the end of the name. <i>eg. P4 1.6-m</i>...or so i thought...
ill be sending an e-mail to intel today (or at least i intend to)...ill let you guys know what i find out.

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
ok guys...this is what i got from intel:

<i>Hello Paul,

Thank you for contacting Intel(R) Technical Support.

I see you are wanting to identify what the "C" means in reference to information found on the Fujitsu* website:
<A HREF="http://webshop.fujitsupc.com/fpc/Ecommerce/buildseriesbean.do?series=AC" target="_new">http://webshop.fujitsupc.com/fpc/Ecommerce/buildseriesbean.do?series=AC</A>

Looking at all the information that I have available I am finding no reference to the "C." Your assumption may be correct as to what it is but I cannot be certain. The Pentium(R) 4 processor and Intel(R) Celeron processor are different components and the names should not be combined in this way.

I would suggest contacting Fujitsu* and determine what the "C" is indicating.

Best Regards,

Chris R.
Intel(R) Technical Support

* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Intel's trademarks may not be used without written permission of Intel.</i>

looks like i have to contact fujitsu now...ill let you guys know what i find out...

eden

Champion
I was gonna suggest that too, I mean usually you'd ask the OEM for what they mean.
I am surprised a company as big as Intel actually replied!

Usually big ones either use FAQs or Microsoft's hard support way...
I hate it when a small company who would reply anytime to you, become all busy to answer questions once they almost monopolize their market stance, it seems the public is no longer the important part nor the consummer.

--
:smile: Intel and AMD sitting under a tree, P-R-O-C-E-S-S-I-N-G! :smile:

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
ooo
naughty fujitsu...

given that a p4-M is advertised beside the 'C' models my money is that the C denoted fujitsus name for the Cellery.

<font color=purple>All advice I offer has been
Audited by Arthur Andersen.</font color=purple>

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
ok guys...its been 1 week and i havent heard anything from fujitsu yet...ive sent them 2 messages...one via the website and another via e-mail...and still nothing...i really want to know what the "C" stands for....ill send them another e-mail today and see what happens...ill keep you guys updated...

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
ok...i got impatient and decided to call fujitsu tech support and ask them what the "C" stood for.
i finally got an answer...
apparently...the "C" means that the cpu is an OEM part...but its still a mobile P4...the weird thing is that fujitsu is an OEM manufacturer...wouldnt it make sense that they're using oem parts?...or am i understanding this wrong...

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
hmmm
im thinking C stands for se<font color=red>C</font color=red>ret, or "Cee! we wont tell you!" maybe "cool" or just "Celleron"

<font color=green>Proud member of THG's</font color=green> <font color=blue>Den Of Thieves</font color=blue> :lol: