Sign in with
Your question

Gateway laptop screen shuts off

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
September 13, 2011 3:56:16 AM

Model ms2274

I have the following situation... Laptop turns on and operates fine for probably 5-8 minutes... Then it goes black. WHen plugged into external monitor it operates fine. So i changed the lcd screen yesterday and now the issue persists. I have tried different ram etc....THe conclusion i have come to is that when it cools off it will finally load back up after a while but only stay on for 5 min. THis laptop does not seem to have an lcd power inverter. it is right on the motherboard... SHould i change the lcd cable or is my mobo bad? doesnt make sense bc when plugged into external monitor computer is operable............please help!
a c 571 D Laptop
September 13, 2011 4:28:36 AM

Hello brandonjm08;

When the LCD shuts down are you still able to see text or anything still on the screen when you hold it next to a lamp or shine a flashlight on it?
Does your laptop have a CCFL type backlight?
m
l
September 13, 2011 4:39:21 AM

i will try that....tomorrow morning...hmm...im not sure about the backlight...
m
l
Related resources
a c 571 D Laptop
September 13, 2011 4:40:35 AM

You didn't list the model - you should be able to look it up online.
m
l
a c 571 D Laptop
September 13, 2011 4:41:51 AM

If it's a CCFL backlight there would be a FL inverter for the screen.
If it's a LED backlight there won't be a FL inverter.
m
l
September 13, 2011 8:17:57 PM

it is led backlight. no inverter. THe heat is causing the particular part of the board that sends signal thru lcd cable to screen to fail after 5-10 minutes ...Although the computer still works when plugged into external screen....will try the new lcd cable tomorrow when it comes....
m
l
!