Constant request for wep / unsecured Microsoft Wireless Ro..

I have had a network with a machine running xp sp2 wired
to ms 700 base station, and a wireless g pci adapter
connected to w/ another machine running xp sp1.

Recently I bought a new dell machine that had xp sp2 pre-
installed and I tried adding a MS 730 pci adapter, and no
matter what I do it says the wep key is invalid. I can't
uninstall sp2 otherwise I would. I have encryption
turned off on the wireless router. I have
installed/uninstalled the ms utility. I have even wiped
and reloaded the new machine, and it still won't
connect. The origional machine running xp sp1 has no
problems and still connects just fine. I've reset /
unplugged the router. Done a factory reset, nothing
helps. I even swapped the adapters between the two
machines, and I verified that both adapters work fine.
Finally, I bought a Belkin wireless G adapter, and it
won't connect when installed in the XP SP2 machine, I
still get invalid wep key. It appears to be something
wrong with XP SP2 and the router.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this????
..
1 answer Last reply
More about constant request unsecured microsoft wireless

    I have the same issue -- ANY help here???

Routers Wireless Microsoft Windows XP Networking