Constant request for wep / unsecured Microsoft Wireless Ro..

Last response: in Networking
a b F Wireless
January 9, 2005 7:36:48 PM

I have had a network with a machine running xp sp2 wired
to ms 700 base station, and a wireless g pci adapter
connected to w/ another machine running xp sp1.

Recently I bought a new dell machine that had xp sp2 pre-
installed and I tried adding a MS 730 pci adapter, and no
matter what I do it says the wep key is invalid. I can't
uninstall sp2 otherwise I would. I have encryption
turned off on the wireless router. I have
installed/uninstalled the ms utility. I have even wiped
and reloaded the new machine, and it still won't
connect. The origional machine running xp sp1 has no
problems and still connects just fine. I've reset /
unplugged the router. Done a factory reset, nothing
helps. I even swapped the adapters between the two
machines, and I verified that both adapters work fine.
Finally, I bought a Belkin wireless G adapter, and it
won't connect when installed in the XP SP2 machine, I
still get invalid wep key. It appears to be something
wrong with XP SP2 and the router.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this????
..
January 28, 2005 12:24:09 AM

I have the same issue -- ANY help here???

!