Install windows 7 in acer aspire one d250 netbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

cipher_phinx

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
can anyone explain to me on how to do this on my netbook? i tried it so many times installing xp on this bullshit netbook but still i don't know why I'm having hal.dll error. Maybe if someone can show me step by step guide for installing windows 7.

JessicaD

Distinguished
May 4, 2009

Are you installing from an external DVD drive or USB stick? When you begin the install, which type of installation are you selecting? If you already have Windows XP installed on the netbook, you will want to select "custom."

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

cipher_phinx

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
i am installing a different XP from usb stick. It seems that XP can't recognize SATA drives, maybe that's the point why I am having a hal.dll error. I don't have a "custom" choice during installation. When the installation begins, it won't detect the drive C: which is the primary one, it will detect the usb stick himself instead of the drive C:

cipher_phinx

Distinguished
May 30, 2010

no, my netbook comes with an xp installed. And since I'm in Japan, it is Japanese version of XP. So, I wan't to install English version of XP, but I got some error so I can't install it. Unlike now, this netbook comes with Windows 7 installed.

JessicaD

Distinguished
May 4, 2009

So what is your goal here? To have Windows XP or Windows 7? It sounds as though you are attempting to install Windows XP English version but you are posting in a Windows 7 section of the help forums?

JessicaD

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
Well it does matter if you are going to ensure that you are using a legal version of Windows. Windows XP install might require SATA drivers for your chipset; Windows 7 is more likely to include these drivers, in which case you will not experience the hall.dll issue.

Jessica

JessicaD

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
Windows Upgrade Advisor is included with the Win 7 Install DVD. When you begin the install the upgrade advisor will begin and let you know if there are any potential conflicts.

Jessica

JessicaD

Distinguished
May 4, 2009

I really think installing Win 7 is just going to be simpler and less of a headache as opposed to slipstreaming. Try Win 7 -- if it doesn't work, we can take a look at other options.

Jessica

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS