Windows 7 64Bit Startup fail

AdamDBurns

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
This morning i started up my computer and then went straight into start-up repair and said 'attempting to repair" then: "the problem cannot be resolved"
so i clicked finish and the pc shut down i started up my computer and it asked me: Launch start-up repair(recommended) or start windows normally, so i clicked start windows normally so it did... for a bit it said starting windows... then gave me a loading bar with 'microsoft corporation' written above it then goes 'windows is loading files' and.... start-up repair goes again, so i clicked finish, restarted my computer and clicked launch start-up repair this time, ive traied system restore in advanced options menu, and i cannot boot in safe mode ive also tried reseting the cmos but no...
and im kinda resisting doing a fresh install
thanx in advance...

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
This morning i started up my computer and then went straight into start-up repair and said 'attempting to repair" then: "the problem cannot be resolved"
so i clicked finish and the pc shut down i started up my computer and it asked me: Launch start-up repair(recommended) or start windows normally, so i clicked start windows normally so it did... for a bit it said starting windows... then gave me a loading bar with 'microsoft corporation' written above it then goes 'windows is loading files' and.... start-up repair goes again, so i clicked finish, restarted my computer and clicked launch start-up repair this time, ive traied system restore in advanced options menu, and i cannot boot in safe mode ive also tried reseting the cmos but no...
and im kinda resisting doing a fresh install
thanx in advance...
I don't know whether you're asking us for advice or telling us.
Anyway, if you haven't already done a clean install, again try system restore from the advanced options; & this time, set the earliest restore point possible, (usually, it will be the last in the list).