Video Card Suggestions Needed

Last response: in Computer Brands
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2004 12:20:26 AM

I need a dual monitor capable video card, Spec PCI bus, with no less then
128Mb RAM, and most important FANLESS (very dirty environment.)

I'll be connecting to analog 17" LCD monitors.

Computer is business use only.

Budget: $150 tops (would like to spend under $100 if possible)

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
--

Rob

"There's nothing wrong with a little bit of Mayberry in everyone's lives;
where life was simple and parents took responsibility for the children."
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2004 12:59:49 AM

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10366510&loc=...

Ask and ye shall receive.

Matrox makes nice dual heads for business. Not gamers, but solid.

Tom
"Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I need a dual monitor capable video card, Spec PCI bus, with no less then
>128Mb RAM, and most important FANLESS (very dirty environment.)
>
> I'll be connecting to analog 17" LCD monitors.
>
> Computer is business use only.
>
> Budget: $150 tops (would like to spend under $100 if possible)
>
> Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> --
>
> Rob
>
> "There's nothing wrong with a little bit of Mayberry in everyone's lives;
> where life was simple and parents took responsibility for the children."

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2004 1:58:01 AM

Very familure with Matrox, however, its a bit light on RAM. The current
card is a Gforce MX400 w/ 64mb ram.
--

> http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10366510&loc=...
>
> Ask and ye shall receive.
>
> Matrox makes nice dual heads for business. Not gamers, but solid.
>
> Tom
> "Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I need a dual monitor capable video card, Spec PCI bus, with no less then
>>128Mb RAM, and most important FANLESS (very dirty environment.)
>>
>> I'll be connecting to analog 17" LCD monitors.
>>
>> Computer is business use only.
>>
>> Budget: $150 tops (would like to spend under $100 if possible)
>>
>> Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --
>>
>> Rob
>>
>> "There's nothing wrong with a little bit of Mayberry in everyone's lives;
>> where life was simple and parents took responsibility for the children."

a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2004 8:43:09 AM

Unfortunately, in your price range it may be tough. Particularly for a PCI.

For your applications, who cares about memory? Business applications don't
use it.

> Very familure with Matrox, however, its a bit light on RAM. The current
> card is a Gforce MX400 w/ 64mb ram.
> --
>
> Rob
>
> "There's nothing wrong with a little bit of Mayberry in everyone's lives;
> where life was simple and parents took responsibility for the children."

>> http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10366510&loc=...
>>
>> Ask and ye shall receive.
>>
>> Matrox makes nice dual heads for business. Not gamers, but solid.
>>
>> Tom
>> "Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I need a dual monitor capable video card, Spec PCI bus, with no less
>>>then 128Mb RAM, and most important FANLESS (very dirty environment.)
>>>
>>> I'll be connecting to analog 17" LCD monitors.
>>>
>>> Computer is business use only.
>>>
>>> Budget: $150 tops (would like to spend under $100 if possible)
>>>
>>> Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> --
>>>
>>> Rob
>>>
>>> "There's nothing wrong with a little bit of Mayberry in everyone's
>>> lives;
>>> where life was simple and parents took responsibility for the children."

November 4, 2004 10:05:36 AM

good luck finding a 128meg video card in a PCI bus format.

Let me know when you've found one....
"Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Very familure with Matrox, however, its a bit light on RAM. The current
> card is a Gforce MX400 w/ 64mb ram.
> --
>
> Rob
>
> "There's nothing wrong with a little bit of Mayberry in everyone's lives;
> where life was simple and parents took responsibility for the children."

>> http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10366510&loc=...
>>
>> Ask and ye shall receive.
>>
>> Matrox makes nice dual heads for business. Not gamers, but solid.
>>
>> Tom
>> "Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I need a dual monitor capable video card, Spec PCI bus, with no less
>>>then 128Mb RAM, and most important FANLESS (very dirty environment.)
>>>
>>> I'll be connecting to analog 17" LCD monitors.
>>>
>>> Computer is business use only.
>>>
>>> Budget: $150 tops (would like to spend under $100 if possible)
>>>
>>> Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> --
>>>
>>> Rob
>>>
>>> "There's nothing wrong with a little bit of Mayberry in everyone's
>>> lives;
>>> where life was simple and parents took responsibility for the children."

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 5, 2004 4:07:59 AM

Tom,

Would something like this work with a DVI to VGA dongle work?

--

!