Sign in with
Your question

How do i restore acer aspire to factory settings. it will not load to start menu

Last response: in Windows 7
March 4, 2013 8:42:19 PM

how do i restore an acer aspire to factory settings. It will not load to the start menu.
a b $ Windows 7
March 4, 2013 8:47:54 PM

Power computer on. Hold Alt and keep pressing F10 at the Acer logo. You may need a password. If you have used Erecovery before you would have been asked to create a password.
If your first Erecovery the default password is 000000
Select Factory
If this fails, your recovery partition is probably corrupt, and you'll either need to contact Acer for recovery disks or use a Windows 7 installation disk
m
l
March 4, 2013 9:00:08 PM

thanks. I tried but it didnt do anything. nothing happened. still a blank screen. am attempting to look for windows 7 disk. Any other ideas?
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
March 4, 2013 9:27:12 PM

Not really. You can create your own Windows disk by downloading the ISO from here
http://forum.notebookreview.com/windows-os-software/604...
and burning to a DVD. Advantage is you can choose Win 7 plus SP1, saves some downloading.
Make sure you match the version to your COA on the base of your machine. You'll need to visit Acer.com for all the latest drivers.
It's also possible that you have a hardware issue preventing recovery, but I assume you've ruled that out? ie checked your HDD and RAM etc.
m
l
March 4, 2013 9:42:45 PM

It was dropped but loads acer screen then nothing. thanks for your help :) 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 4, 2013 9:48:40 PM

It's possible that one of your memory sticks was dislodged, but more likely your HDD is kaput, especially if it was running when dropped. There is probably a Hard Drive test in the BIOS (setup). If it has failed you'll need a new one and a Win 7 disk...
m
l
March 4, 2013 9:59:08 PM

found a windows vista os disk but acer doesnt seem to recognize a disk is in.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 5, 2013 3:29:21 AM

Did you change boot order to CD/DVD 1st?
m
l
March 5, 2013 3:37:45 AM

yeah, it started to load but looks like hard drive is damaged. thanks for all your help. :) 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 5, 2013 4:00:47 AM

Oh well, not terminally ill then, plenty of 2.5" SATA drives on Ebay if you have access to that market...
m
l
March 8, 2013 12:17:56 PM

dodger46 said:
Power computer on. Hold Alt and keep pressing F10 at the Acer logo. You may need a password. If you have used Erecovery before you would have been asked to create a password.
If your first Erecovery the default password is 000000
Select Factory
If this fails, your recovery partition is probably corrupt, and you'll either need to contact Acer for recovery disks or use a Windows 7 installation disk

I came accross this looking for the same help. Thank you it worked perfectly. i didn't need a password either it was great thanks again !!!!
m
l
!