AH! Windows XP logs me off whenever I log on!

The_MaguS

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
This comp had been fine for over a month. Then today when I tried to boot it up, no matter which account I use, it says "logging on", I see my background for 2 secs, then it says "logging off" and kicks me back to the account selection screen!

It WILL boot up in safe mode, and I've run msconfig in safe mode to disabled all boot up items but it still doesn't help!

Can anyone help?

This is a Celeron 1200, using a TUV4X mobo, and 256 megs of SDRAM.

I had this problem a few months ago, but a reformat fixed it...and then it came back again! Anyone know anything to help me here?

<font color=blue> There's no such thing as hell, but you can make it if you try.</font color=blue>

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
is your version of win xp the corporate "activation-free" copy...or is the regular prof. or home edition?

:eek: <b>Who fixed <font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s leaky faucet??</b> :eek:

The_MaguS

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Regular home. I recently moved my DVD drive from secondary master to primary slave, but I don't think that would cause this.

A few months ago when this also happened, I didn't touch anything on my comp's hardware.

<font color=blue> There's no such thing as hell, but you can make it if you try.</font color=blue>

eden

Champion
I see you haven't even bothered to put a post in the right forum!
Go post in the WinXP Forum, I bet they'd handle it much better than here.

--
:smile: Intel and AMD sitting under a tree, P-R-O-C-E-S-S-I-N-G! :smile:

buddry

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2002
I thought the CPU forum was open to all topics.....

That is a nice <b><font color=green>Garbage Can</font color=green></b> you have there!

eden

Champion
Exactly what have I done wrong, I simply directed you to the better place to get answers. Do you see any right now that have helped solve your problems?

--
:smile: Intel and AMD sitting under a tree, P-R-O-C-E-S-S-I-N-G! :smile: