Sign in with
Your question

Dell XPS m1530

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
September 15, 2011 12:33:50 AM

My dell runs hot!
the processor runs at 65-75 celsuis:D 
graphics card after youtube or movies runs at 77-75 Celsuis:D  is this to hot? is my laptop gonnna die?"D be great to hear back:D  thanks also is there a way to upgrade GPU and Ram? thanks

More about : dell xps m1530

a b U Graphics card
a b D Laptop
September 16, 2011 2:26:07 PM

Hello,

yes 75 is relatively hot, but not too bad, if it goes above 85 then that's an issue, since it will start throttling at that point and if it goes beyond that it can shutoff.

will your laptop die? don't know, depends how hard you overheat it, if the temps stay in 75 range you will be ok I think.

as far as upgrades, GPU - no, RAM - yes.
m
l
September 16, 2011 4:18:20 PM

AntiZig said:
Hello,

yes 75 is relatively hot, but not too bad, if it goes above 85 then that's an issue, since it will start throttling at that point and if it goes beyond that it can shutoff.

will your laptop die? don't know, depends how hard you overheat it, if the temps stay in 75 range you will be ok I think.

as far as upgrades, GPU - no, RAM - yes.

thanks=) also its really loud! should i take to dell?
m
l
September 16, 2011 4:45:04 PM

NoahP said:
thanks=) also its really loud! should i take to dell?

I would make sure you clean out the fan area. After a couple of years of normal use these can get clogged with dirt/dust/hair and cause everything to run hotter than normal.

Since it is running the fan full speed to keep up it causes the system to be extremely loud as well.
m
l
!