The RPG Diner is closing down :(

julian

Hotline users may fondly remember the Tabard Inn server that went
offline a few years ago. Now it's last remaining decendant, the "Rpg
Diner" is shutting down.

I realize a lot of people frown on P2P file sharing, and will be happy
that there are no longer any RPG servers on Hotline. But it's still
sad to think that a lot of old D&D files are going to vanish forever.

Last call at the Diner.

drow

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2004

Alien mind control rays made Julian <Julian@beer.com> write:
> I realize a lot of people frown on P2P file sharing, and will be happy
> that there are no longer any RPG servers on Hotline. But it's still
> sad to think that a lot of old D&D files are going to vanish forever.

if they're on a P2P network, they are, by definition, on somebody's
computer, and thus will not be vanishing forever. they'll just sit
around until the monster-anarchist party takes over washington and
repeals all forms of copyright forever, then get mass-uploaded to
usenet, ftp, and a gajillion websites in a yencoded digital orgy.

--
\^\ // drow@bin.sh (CARRIER LOST) <http://www.bin.sh/>
\ // - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

drow <drow@bin.sh> wrote:
> Alien mind control rays made Julian <Julian@beer.com> write:
>> I realize a lot of people frown on P2P file sharing, and will be happy
>> that there are no longer any RPG servers on Hotline. But it's still
>> sad to think that a lot of old D&D files are going to vanish forever.
>
> if they're on a P2P network, they are, by definition, on somebody's
> computer, and thus will not be vanishing forever. they'll just sit
> around until the monster-anarchist party takes over washington and
> repeals all forms of copyright forever, then get mass-uploaded to
> usenet, ftp, and a gajillion websites in a yencoded digital orgy.

What, that's not happening *now*?

Well, maybe not the ftp or websites, but what's been happening on USENET
then?

Goddamn. I hate to think what it'll be like when things get busy.

Keith