The RPG Diner is closing down :(

Hotline users may fondly remember the Tabard Inn server that went
offline a few years ago. Now it's last remaining decendant, the "Rpg
Diner" is shutting down.

I realize a lot of people frown on P2P file sharing, and will be happy
that there are no longer any RPG servers on Hotline. But it's still
sad to think that a lot of old D&D files are going to vanish forever.

Last call at the Diner.
2 answers Last reply
More about diner closing

    Alien mind control rays made Julian <Julian@beer.com> write:
    > I realize a lot of people frown on P2P file sharing, and will be happy
    > that there are no longer any RPG servers on Hotline. But it's still
    > sad to think that a lot of old D&D files are going to vanish forever.

    if they're on a P2P network, they are, by definition, on somebody's
    computer, and thus will not be vanishing forever. they'll just sit
    around until the monster-anarchist party takes over washington and
    repeals all forms of copyright forever, then get mass-uploaded to
    usenet, ftp, and a gajillion websites in a yencoded digital orgy.

    --
    \^\ // drow@bin.sh (CARRIER LOST) <http://www.bin.sh/>
    \ // - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    drow <drow@bin.sh> wrote:
    > Alien mind control rays made Julian <Julian@beer.com> write:
    >> I realize a lot of people frown on P2P file sharing, and will be happy
    >> that there are no longer any RPG servers on Hotline. But it's still
    >> sad to think that a lot of old D&D files are going to vanish forever.
    >
    > if they're on a P2P network, they are, by definition, on somebody's
    > computer, and thus will not be vanishing forever. they'll just sit
    > around until the monster-anarchist party takes over washington and
    > repeals all forms of copyright forever, then get mass-uploaded to
    > usenet, ftp, and a gajillion websites in a yencoded digital orgy.

    What, that's not happening *now*?

    Well, maybe not the ftp or websites, but what's been happening on USENET
    then?

    Goddamn. I hate to think what it'll be like when things get busy.

    Keith

RPG Servers Video Games