Screen Dimming on boot up

rhandyrhoads

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
Recently, my computer screen has been dimming when booting up and will dim a bit during the first few seconds of desktop. Once its completely up and running its fine but its kind of awkward when I'm showing off my computer and the screen dims as its booting up. My set up is the following.
CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.2 GHz (had problem before the overclock)
Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H60
RAM: 16 GB of Corsair Vengeance @ 1600 MHz
Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme4
GPU: EVGA GTX 690 at stock speeds (Had the same problem with my old EVGA GTX 650 Ti SSC)
Monitor: Dell ST2220L (connected to the GPU with DVI-D)
PSU: Corsair HX750 (had problem with my old Rosewill Hive 550
Boot Drive: OCZ Vertex 4 128 GB
Data Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB
Case: Cooler Master Elite 431
Disc Drive: Sony AD-7280S-0B

The problem was fixed temporarily when I switched from mini HDMI to DVI on my 650 ti and again when I switched from my 650 ti to my 690. Im using a generic Staples cable for video but its digital so its all or nothing right? Any help would be appreciated and just ask if you need more information.

rhandyrhoads

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
I don't have another tower system or any sort of DVI system. In addition this also happened with my 650 ti on a mini hdmi and the same dvi even though dvi fixed it for a short amount of time. It also stopped for a short period of time once i got my 690. Any solutions on the software level or internal hardware level.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
tihs card is having a more then one pci-e slot i would try all of them with the graphic card and do the same with the internal video chipset,also lower your overcloking to factory default for the test that will help to see if it is the motherboard or something else .