[3.5] Help for blinded PC

Hi,

one of my players want to role-playing a blinded PC. In the DMG I find the rules
for a blinded situation, but there's in any book (WotC or D20) where I can find
rules (or also a template) for figure out a blinded humanoid from the birth?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Bye.

--
Giuseppe A.
Milano - Italy

    Giuseppe A. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > one of my players want to role-playing a blinded PC. In the DMG I find the rules
    > for a blinded situation, but there's in any book (WotC or D20) where I can find
    > rules (or also a template) for figure out a blinded humanoid from the birth?
    > Thanks in advance for any help.

    Can't help you with that, but you should take a look at the Blind
    Master prestige class in Quintessential Monk (Mongoose Publishing), if
    you can. It's a Monk PrC with blindness as a requirement.

    If you want "blind from birth" to be at all viable, I suggest a +20
    competence bonus to Listen rolls. This will allow the character to
    fairly reliably pinpoint by listening. It's not really realistic, but
    hey, it's heroic fantasy, and blind heroes are invariably powerful. :)

    Laszlo

    laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
    > Giuseppe A. wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > one of my players want to role-playing a blinded PC. In the DMG I find the rules
    > > for a blinded situation, but there's in any book (WotC or D20) where I can find
    > > rules (or also a template) for figure out a blinded humanoid from the birth?
    > > Thanks in advance for any help.
    >
    > Can't help you with that, but you should take a look at the Blind
    > Master prestige class in Quintessential Monk (Mongoose Publishing), if
    > you can. It's a Monk PrC with blindness as a requirement.
    >
    > If you want "blind from birth" to be at all viable, I suggest a +20
    > competence bonus to Listen rolls. This will allow the character to
    > fairly reliably pinpoint by listening. It's not really realistic, but
    > hey, it's heroic fantasy, and blind heroes are invariably powerful. :)

    coughZatoichicough

    Brandon

    laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:

    > Giuseppe A. wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>one of my players want to role-playing a blinded PC. In the DMG I find the rules
    >>for a blinded situation, but there's in any book (WotC or D20) where I can find
    >>rules (or also a template) for figure out a blinded humanoid from the birth?
    >>Thanks in advance for any help.
    >

    > Can't help you with that, but you should take a look at the Blind
    > Master prestige class in Quintessential Monk (Mongoose Publishing), if
    > you can. It's a Monk PrC with blindness as a requirement.
    >
    > If you want "blind from birth" to be at all viable, I suggest a +20
    > competence bonus to Listen rolls. This will allow the character to
    > fairly reliably pinpoint by listening. It's not really realistic, but
    > hey, it's heroic fantasy, and blind heroes are invariably powerful. :)

    Make up a PrC for him, probably monk. Blindsense, and later Blindsight,
    would be appropriate.

    A blind character with 60' Blindsight would be interesting to play.
    He'd be at an advantage sometimes and at a disadvantage others.

    I had an idea for a mutant human with claws, blindness, and blindsight
    who was a cleric of Pelor. Used a quarterstaff.

    - Ron ^*^

    - Ron ^*^

    David Johnston wrote:
    > On 2 Jul 2005 11:09:03 -0700, "copeab@yahoo.com" <copeab@yahoo.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:

    > >> Can't help you with that, but you should take a look at the Blind
    > >> Master prestige class in Quintessential Monk (Mongoose Publishing), if
    > >> you can. It's a Monk PrC with blindness as a requirement.
    > >>
    > >> If you want "blind from birth" to be at all viable, I suggest a +20
    > >> competence bonus to Listen rolls. This will allow the character to
    > >> fairly reliably pinpoint by listening. It's not really realistic, but
    > >> hey, it's heroic fantasy, and blind heroes are invariably powerful. :)
    > >
    > >coughZatoichicough
    >
    > Of course the whole blind character bit doesn't work so well in a game
    > universe that has Cure Blindness unless you have a character who
    > deliberately blinded himself to gain some kind of supernatural
    > perception.

    Or the blindness is a divine curse.

    Brandon

    David Johnston wrote:

    > On 2 Jul 2005 11:09:03 -0700, "copeab@yahoo.com" <copeab@yahoo.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:

    >>>Can't help you with that, but you should take a look at the Blind
    >>>Master prestige class in Quintessential Monk (Mongoose Publishing), if
    >>>you can. It's a Monk PrC with blindness as a requirement.
    >>>
    >>>If you want "blind from birth" to be at all viable, I suggest a +20
    >>>competence bonus to Listen rolls. This will allow the character to
    >>>fairly reliably pinpoint by listening. It's not really realistic, but
    >>>hey, it's heroic fantasy, and blind heroes are invariably powerful. :)
    >>
    >>coughZatoichicough
    >

    > Of course the whole blind character bit doesn't work so well in a game
    > universe that has Cure Blindness unless you have a character who
    > deliberately blinded himself to gain some kind of supernatural
    > perception.

    IIRC there is a magic blindfold that grants 60' Blindsight in some
    splatbook or other.

    - Ron ^*^

    On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 12:43:10 GMT, "Giuseppe A." <gambitcajun@libero.it>
    scribed into the ether:

    >Hi,
    >
    >one of my players want to role-playing a blinded PC. In the DMG I find the rules
    >for a blinded situation, but there's in any book (WotC or D20) where I can find
    >rules (or also a template) for figure out a blinded humanoid from the birth?
    >Thanks in advance for any help.

    I doubt there is any sourcebook for that situation. There are feats that
    the player can use in order to get around some of the restrictions of being
    blind, but would still (of course) be incredibly hampered.

    "Giuseppe A." <gambitcajun@libero.it> wrote in

    > one of my players want to role-playing a blinded PC. In the DMG
    > I find the rules for a blinded situation, but there's in any
    > book (WotC or D20) where I can find rules (or also a template)
    > for figure out a blinded humanoid from the birth? Thanks in
    > advance for any help.

    What sort of campaign is this? If this is a city campaign with lots
    of social interaction, you should be fine. Otherwise, unless you go
    for a race with suitable compensation then you might want to try and
    dissuade the player.

    OTOH the blind seer is a well-worn stereotype.

    "Repent Quentin Stephens!" said the Ticktockman. "Get Stuffed!" Quentin
    Stephens replied. Then he added:

    > OTOH the blind seer is a well-worn stereotype.

    But not as an adventurer. Unless you're talking about the wolf of the same
    name.

    --
    Billy Yank

    Quinn: "I'm saying it's us, or them."
    Murphy: "Well I choose them."
    Q: "That's NOT an option!"
    M: "Then you shouldn't have framed it as one."
    -Sealab 2021

    Billy Yank's Baldur's Gate Photo Portraits
    http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2xvw6/

    Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in

    > IIRC there is a magic blindfold that grants 60' Blindsight in some
    > splatbook or other.

    Arms & Equipment. Blindfold of true darkness

    Michael Scott Brown wrote:
    > "Giuseppe A." <gambitcajun@libero.it> wrote in message
    > > one of my players want to role-playing a blinded PC. In the DMG I find the
    > rules
    > > for a blinded situation, but there's in any book (WotC or D20) where I can
    > find
    > > rules (or also a template) for figure out a blinded humanoid from the
    > birth?
    >
    > And what rules do you think there should be? Take feats that make sense
    > for a blind person and get on with your life.
    > Oh, wait - I get it - you think that being blind should make the
    > character MORE POWERFUL?

    Blind fight is good. Skill focus listen very handy (you can localize
    an opponent with a good enough listen check, once localized your
    attacks
    are much more effective with Blind Fight).

    Consider seriously taking enough class levels to get uncanny dodge so
    you retain your dex bonus even when unaware of your attacker.

    Oh, yeh, and find a Cleric or Paladin able to cast level 3 spells
    and get the condition cured. No components so it costs only 150GP
    from a commercial cleric, and it works unless the eyes have been
    physically destroyed in which case you need regenerate (level 7
    so you need a large town or any city to find a level 13 cleric).

    There is no good reason within the rules for any D&D character to
    stay blind.

    DougL

    Giuseppe A. wrote:
    > one of my players want to role-playing a blinded PC. In the DMG I find the rules
    > for a blinded situation, but there's in any book (WotC or D20) where I can find
    > rules (or also a template) for figure out a blinded humanoid from the birth?
    > Thanks in advance for any help.

    This is really one of those cases where D&D is just the
    wrong system to use.

    Or the wrong system for this player. He wants something
    which D&D cannot really deliver.

    --
    Peter Knutsen
    sagatafl.org

    Mere moments before death, Peter Knutsen (usenet) hastily scrawled:

    >Giuseppe A. wrote:
    >> one of my players want to role-playing a blinded PC. In the DMG I find the rules
    >> for a blinded situation, but there's in any book (WotC or D20) where I can find
    >> rules (or also a template) for figure out a blinded humanoid from the birth?
    >> Thanks in advance for any help.
    >
    >This is really one of those cases where D&D is just the
    >wrong system to use.

    Silly wabbit, D&D does this just fine.

    Ed Chauvin IV

    modifier G @ 11.

    --Terry Austin

    On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 16:41:09 +0200, "Peter Knutsen (usenet)"
    <peter@sagatafl.invalid> scribed into the ether:

    >Giuseppe A. wrote:
    >> one of my players want to role-playing a blinded PC. In the DMG I find the rules
    >> for a blinded situation, but there's in any book (WotC or D20) where I can find
    >> rules (or also a template) for figure out a blinded humanoid from the birth?
    >> Thanks in advance for any help.
    >
    >This is really one of those cases where D&D is just the
    >wrong system to use.
    >
    >Or the wrong system for this player. He wants something
    >which D&D cannot really deliver.

    Just being curious, but what system would be better? Blindness is extremely
    debiliating in any game, just like it is in reality. My best objection to
    D&D and blindness is that the penalties aren't harsh enough.

    "Giuseppe A." <gambitcajun@libero.it> wrote in message
    > one of my players want to role-playing a blinded PC. In the DMG I find the
    rules
    > for a blinded situation, but there's in any book (WotC or D20) where I can
    find
    > rules (or also a template) for figure out a blinded humanoid from the
    birth?

    And what rules do you think there should be? Take feats that make sense
    for a blind person and get on with your life.
    Oh, wait - I get it - you think that being blind should make the
    character MORE POWERFUL?

    -Michael

    On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 21:29:10 GMT, "Michael Scott Brown"
    <mistermichael@earthlink.net> dared speak in front of ME:

    >"Giuseppe A." <gambitcajun@libero.it> wrote in message
    >> one of my players want to role-playing a blinded PC. In the DMG I find the
    >rules
    >> for a blinded situation, but there's in any book (WotC or D20) where I can
    >find
    >> rules (or also a template) for figure out a blinded humanoid from the
    >birth?
    >
    > And what rules do you think there should be? Take feats that make sense
    >for a blind person and get on with your life.
    > Oh, wait - I get it - you think that being blind should make the
    >character MORE POWERFUL?

    Perhaps he just wants to take advantage of the fairly large fantasy
    trope of the Blind Master - not necessarily more powerful, but with
    enough extraordinary or supernatural mojo to keep up with the sighted
    players.

    More common in wuxia type fantasy, though.
    --
    Address no longer works.
    try removing all numbers from

    Matt Frisch wrote:
    > On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 03:43:54 +0200, "Peter Knutsen (usenet)"
    > <peter@sagatafl.invalid> scribed into the ether:
    > >GURPS. Among other reasons because it actually compensates
    > >the player for chosing to give his character such a severe
    > >handicap.
    >
    > Ok, but really, there's no offsetting benefit for being blind beyond "my
    > other senses got sharper"...which isn't much. If we are looking for
    > blindness to be modeled, being able to spend character points elsewhere in
    > compensation isn't terribly realistic.

    GURPS does *not* say: "Because the character is blind, it's perfectly
    realistic for them to have these other nifty abilities as
    compensation."

    What GURPS says is: "This character is blind. That's a seriously
    debilitating disadvantage. If this character is to be equal to the
    other PCs in terms of power and effectiveness, then this characer must
    have more nifty abilities than the other PCs."

    The trade-off in points is a matter of meta-game design. It doesn't
    model any sort of trade-off or compensation in the game world.
    (Although it could. If you were designing Daredevil, for example.)

    --
    Justin Bacon
    triad3204@aol.com

    Kaos wrote:
    > On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 21:29:10 GMT, "Michael Scott Brown"
    > <mistermichael@earthlink.net> dared speak in front of ME:
    >
    > >"Giuseppe A." <gambitcajun@libero.it> wrote in message
    > >> one of my players want to role-playing a blinded PC. In the DMG I find the
    > >rules
    > >> for a blinded situation, but there's in any book (WotC or D20) where I can
    > >find
    > >> rules (or also a template) for figure out a blinded humanoid from the
    > >birth?
    > >
    > > And what rules do you think there should be? Take feats that make sense
    > >for a blind person and get on with your life.
    > > Oh, wait - I get it - you think that being blind should make the
    > >character MORE POWERFUL?
    >
    > Perhaps he just wants to take advantage of the fairly large fantasy
    > trope of the Blind Master - not necessarily more powerful, but with
    > enough extraordinary or supernatural mojo to keep up with the sighted
    > players.

    For example, the blind swordman Zatoichi is really only inconvenienced
    by not being able to read -- but even then, as an experienced gambler,
    he seems to not have a problem knowing what the dice roll up as. His
    blindness is really more of a plot device than an actual disadvantage,
    which may be the best way to play it for a PC.

    Brandon

    Matt Frisch wrote:
    > <peter@sagatafl.invalid> scribed into the ether:
    >>This is really one of those cases where D&D is just the
    >>wrong system to use.
    >>
    >>Or the wrong system for this player. He wants something
    >>which D&D cannot really deliver.
    >
    > Just being curious, but what system would be better? Blindness is extremely
    > debiliating in any game, just like it is in reality. My best objection to
    > D&D and blindness is that the penalties aren't harsh enough.

    GURPS. Among other reasons because it actually compensates
    the player for chosing to give his character such a severe
    handicap.

    Hero System would be the second best option, among published
    systems.

    My own Sagatafl is superior to Hero System and more or less
    on par with GURPS, when it comes to support for blind
    characters, but it isn't published yet.

    --
    Peter Knutsen
    sagatafl.org

    On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 03:43:54 +0200, "Peter Knutsen (usenet)"
    <peter@sagatafl.invalid> scribed into the ether:

    >Matt Frisch wrote:
    >> <peter@sagatafl.invalid> scribed into the ether:
    >>>This is really one of those cases where D&D is just the
    >>>wrong system to use.
    >>>
    >>>Or the wrong system for this player. He wants something
    >>>which D&D cannot really deliver.
    >>
    >> Just being curious, but what system would be better? Blindness is extremely
    >> debiliating in any game, just like it is in reality. My best objection to
    >> D&D and blindness is that the penalties aren't harsh enough.
    >
    >GURPS. Among other reasons because it actually compensates
    >the player for chosing to give his character such a severe
    >handicap.

    Ok, but really, there's no offsetting benefit for being blind beyond "my
    other senses got sharper"...which isn't much. If we are looking for
    blindness to be modeled, being able to spend character points elsewhere in
    compensation isn't terribly realistic.

    On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 02:50:34 GMT, Matt Frisch
    <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:

    >On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 03:43:54 +0200, "Peter Knutsen (usenet)"
    ><peter@sagatafl.invalid> scribed into the ether:
    >

    >>Matt Frisch wrote:
    >>> <peter@sagatafl.invalid> scribed into the ether:

    >>> Just being curious, but what system would be better? Blindness is extremely
    >>> debiliating in any game, just like it is in reality. My best objection to
    >>> D&D and blindness is that the penalties aren't harsh enough.
    >>
    >>GURPS. Among other reasons because it actually compensates
    >>the player for chosing to give his character such a severe
    >>handicap.
    >
    >Ok, but really, there's no offsetting benefit for being blind beyond "my
    >other senses got sharper"...which isn't much. If we are looking for
    >blindness to be modeled, being able to spend character points elsewhere in
    >compensation isn't terribly realistic.

    Unless you stop and consider that a blind man who goes out and
    survives in combat zones, and does effective stuff in them, must
    inherently be one hell of a formidable blind guy. It's not that he's
    more powerful because he's a blind guy (necessarily). It's just that
    he's so amazingly impressive that, even blinded, he can still hold his
    own. If he wasn't, he wouldn't be there in the first place. He'd be
    dead, or sticking to teaching literature or something.

    On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 02:50:34 GMT, Matt Frisch
    <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> dared speak in front of ME:

    >On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 03:43:54 +0200, "Peter Knutsen (usenet)"
    ><peter@sagatafl.invalid> scribed into the ether:
    >

    >>Matt Frisch wrote:
    >>> <peter@sagatafl.invalid> scribed into the ether:

    >>> Just being curious, but what system would be better? Blindness is extremely
    >>> debiliating in any game, just like it is in reality. My best objection to
    >>> D&D and blindness is that the penalties aren't harsh enough.
    >>
    >>GURPS. Among other reasons because it actually compensates
    >>the player for chosing to give his character such a severe
    >>handicap.
    >
    >Ok, but really, there's no offsetting benefit for being blind beyond "my
    >other senses got sharper"...which isn't much. If we are looking for
    >blindness to be modeled, being able to spend character points elsewhere in
    >compensation isn't terribly realistic.

    Depends on what angle you're looking at. If you're looking at a
    character talented enough to be classed a Hero, then blindness is
    something which he must have made up for in other ways to meet that
    status.

    OTOH, if you're just modelling a random blind person... well, don't
    bother balancing the points. Just give them the traits they exhibit,
    and see where they end up.
    --

    In article <b64jc11c7iagjqd5hce5snhhurnt7te5uj@4ax.com>,
    Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:

    > On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 16:41:09 +0200, "Peter Knutsen (usenet)"
    > <peter@sagatafl.invalid> scribed into the ether:
    >

    > >Giuseppe A. wrote:
    > >> one of my players want to role-playing a blinded PC. In the DMG I find the
    > >> rules
    > >> for a blinded situation, but there's in any book (WotC or D20) where I can
    > >> find
    > >> rules (or also a template) for figure out a blinded humanoid from the
    > >> birth?
    > >> Thanks in advance for any help.
    > >
    > >This is really one of those cases where D&D is just the
    > >wrong system to use.
    > >
    > >Or the wrong system for this player. He wants something
    > >which D&D cannot really deliver.
    >
    > Just being curious, but what system would be better? Blindness is extremely
    > debiliating in any game, just like it is in reality. My best objection to
    > D&D and blindness is that the penalties aren't harsh enough.

    In Feng Shui, the time someone wanted to play a blind martial arts
    master we just ignored the usual penalties for being blind when it came
    to that character and made up the rest as we went along. In RISIS you'd
    just put four dice into the Blind Master Cliche, which would cover doing
    everything Zatoichi et. al. do.

    Blindness is only a hassle in relatively rules-heavy games like DnD and
    GURPS where there are detailed rules for perception that matter
    tactically.

    --
    Kevin Lowe,
    Tasmania.

    First I want to thanks all for the suggestions, the help and also the
    critics.
    The blinded PC is an idea of the player and after that I have exposed my
    perplexity he wanted play it same.
    However, the blinded situation is a choice of the PC, that after a cruel
    past he closed the "eyes" toward the world.
    For this reason I decided to use as reference an entry in the Blinded
    Master and give him a +1/level (the PC is 4th level) to Concentration,
    Listen and Move Silently check. If the PC regain sight lose the mentioned
    benefit.

    Apologize for my english! ;)
    --

    Bye.
    Giuseppe A.

    laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:

    > Giuseppe A. wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>one of my players want to role-playing a blinded PC. In the DMG I find the rules
    >>for a blinded situation, but there's in any book (WotC or D20) where I can find
    >>rules (or also a template) for figure out a blinded humanoid from the birth?
    >>Thanks in advance for any help.
    >

    > Can't help you with that, but you should take a look at the Blind
    > Master prestige class in Quintessential Monk (Mongoose Publishing), if
    > you can. It's a Monk PrC with blindness as a requirement.
    >
    > If you want "blind from birth" to be at all viable, I suggest a +20
    > competence bonus to Listen rolls. This will allow the character to
    > fairly reliably pinpoint by listening. It's not really realistic, but
    > hey, it's heroic fantasy, and blind heroes are invariably powerful. :)
    >
    > Laszlo

    Speaking of unrealistic, you can use this for your research:

    http://tinyurl.com/72gor

    DougL wrote:
    >>"Giuseppe A." <gambitcajun@libero.it> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>one of my players want to role-playing a blinded PC. In the DMG I find the rules
    >>>for a blinded situation, but there's in any book (WotC or D20) where I can find
    >>>rules (or also a template) for figure out a blinded humanoid from the birth?
    >
    > Blind fight is good. Skill focus listen very handy (you can localize
    > an opponent with a good enough listen check, once localized your
    > attacks are much more effective with Blind Fight).

    There's a Blindsight 5' Radius feat lying around somewhere too,
    with Blind-fighting and high Wisdom as a prereq IIRC.

    > Consider seriously taking enough class levels to get uncanny dodge so
    > you retain your dex bonus even when unaware of your attacker.

    The real problem would be getting attacked from range, where you
    can't make the listen checks due to large range penalties.
    I'd be tempted not to bother with Dex, as ranged attacks won't work
    anyway. Just tank up and get good Con and Wis.

    > Oh, yeh, and find a Cleric or Paladin able to cast level 3 spells
    > and get the condition cured. No components so it costs only 150GP
    > from a commercial cleric, and it works unless the eyes have been
    > physically destroyed in which case you need regenerate (level 7
    > so you need a large town or any city to find a level 13 cleric).

    Until then, get people that can cast fogs and darkness effects for
    you, as with your listen and blind-fighting you'll rule on even terms.
    Obviously don't bother trying to be a spellcaster (or ranged combatant)
    yourself, as you can't target what you can't touch when you're blind.

    > There is no good reason within the rules for any D&D character to
    > stay blind.

    Other than as an amusing plot device, leading to trying to find the
    right words for that /wish/ once the various other options come up duds.

    --
    tussock

    Aspie at work, sorry in advance.

    Some Guy wrote:
    > laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
    >> If you want "blind from birth" to be at all viable, I suggest a +20
    >> competence bonus to Listen rolls. This will allow the character to
    >> fairly reliably pinpoint by listening. It's not really realistic, but
    >> hey, it's heroic fantasy, and blind heroes are invariably powerful. :)
    > Speaking of unrealistic, you can use this for your research:
    > http://tinyurl.com/72gor

    House of Flying Daggers has some nice scenes with a blind girl. (I'm not going to spoil it)
    --
    "... respect, all good works are not done by only good folk. For within these Trials, we
    shall do what needs to be done."

    On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:25:10 -0700, ~consul
    <consul@INVALIDdolphins-cove.com> wrote:

    >Some Guy wrote:
    >> laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
    >>> If you want "blind from birth" to be at all viable, I suggest a +20
    >>> competence bonus to Listen rolls. This will allow the character to
    >>> fairly reliably pinpoint by listening. It's not really realistic, but
    >>> hey, it's heroic fantasy, and blind heroes are invariably powerful. :)
    >> Speaking of unrealistic, you can use this for your research:
    >> http://tinyurl.com/72gor
    >
    >House of Flying Daggers has some nice scenes with a blind girl. (I'm not going to spoil it.

    The girl in House of the Flying Daggers performs well past what is
    believable even for a "heroic" blind hero(ine). This is explained in
    the spoily bits.

    "Blind Fury" with Rutger Hauer might be a better example.

    Gwen

    Gwen Morse wrote:

    > On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:25:10 -0700, ~consul
    > <consul@INVALIDdolphins-cove.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Some Guy wrote:

    >>>Speaking of unrealistic, you can use this for your research:
    >>>http://tinyurl.com/72gor
    >>
    >>House of Flying Daggers has some nice scenes with a blind girl. (I'm not going to spoil it.
    >

    > The girl in House of the Flying Daggers performs well past what is
    > believable even for a "heroic" blind hero(ine). This is explained in
    > the spoily bits.
    >
    > "Blind Fury" with Rutger Hauer might be a better example.

    Or Stick from "Elektra".

Games Video Games Books