Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Computer monitor keeps flashing

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
May 30, 2010 1:16:38 PM

My monitor flashes from time to time. The screen doesn't go black or anything, i can still see the screen. Also when i play the game chuzzle, my monitor keeps flashing and pauses and un pauses the game every 3seconds? :pfff: 

My internet also keeps saying not responding, i looked at forums and purchased the Perfect Optimizer as that seemed to be the general response, but the problem is still there?

please can any one help me. I'm not very computer literate :( 
May 30, 2010 1:20:06 PM

The laptop is a HP Pavilion dv6355ea notebook, entertainment pc. If that helps with my problem :) 
m
0
l
May 30, 2010 1:22:09 PM

Do you have a discrete graphics card? Remove it & try playing without it. If you're not confident of your ability to remove it, get hold of someone who can
m
0
l
Related resources
May 30, 2010 1:35:48 PM

I have a NVIDIA GeForce 7400. will ask my brother if he can remove it.
m
0
l
May 30, 2010 6:13:54 PM

Nut said:
The laptop is a HP Pavilion dv6355ea notebook, entertainment pc. If that helps with my problem :) 


Oh, I didn't realise it was a laptop. That changes everything.


Quote:
have a NVIDIA GeForce 7400. will ask my brother if he can remove it.


Well now don't do that. Taking apart a laptop definitely voids warranty & more often then not, results in a botched up job which leaves a dead system. The best thing would be to take the laptop to the appropriate service centre or from wherever you've purchased, & getting it repaired under warranty.
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
a c 215 $ Windows 7
May 30, 2010 7:30:10 PM

Nut said:
I have a NVIDIA GeForce 7400. will ask my brother if he can remove it.


He won't be able to. The GPU is physically soldered on to the laptop's motherboard. If by chance the laptop is still under warranty, contact HP for servicing. From your description, it seems like either the GPU is overheating (grab a can of compressed air and remove any dust buildup from the laptop), or there is a problem with the GPU itself which may require a replacement system.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 31, 2010 2:58:26 AM

Nut said:
My monitor flashes from time to time. The screen doesn't go black or anything, i can still see the screen. Also when i play the game chuzzle, my monitor keeps flashing and pauses and un pauses the game every 3seconds? :pfff: 

My internet also keeps saying not responding, i looked at forums and purchased the Perfect Optimizer as that seemed to be the general response, but the problem is still there?

please can any one help me. I'm not very computer literate :( 


It sounds as though you may be experiencing a hardware issue -- the DV6000 series with the nVidia graphics chips were notorious for GPU failures.

The problem with your notebook is that you cannot replace the GPU as it is soldered to the board. Can you run a hardware test (3D Mark or Furmark) to test this theory?

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team
m
0
l
May 31, 2010 4:41:40 AM

Follow the given instructions:
1. CLICK START
2. CLICK CONTROL PANEL
3. CLICK APPEARENCE AND THEMES
4. CLICK DISPLAY
5. CLICK SETTINGS
6. CLICK ADVANCED
7. CLICK MONITOR
You will now see a number which will read something like 70 Hertz, this is your monitor refresh rate.
Click on the arrow pointing down which is located at the far right hand side of the number.
This will reveal more numbers.
Click on a slightly higher number and then click on apply near the bottom of the screen.
Dont worry the screen will flash for a second and then you will be prompted by a message asking if you want to keep this new setting.
Click yes and then click on ok at the bottom of the screen.



m
0
l
!