Intel OEM Board Overclocking

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Well... I think today's the big day. After upgrading my video card (to a R8500LE 128MB) I tested it out to see if it'd overload my puny 250W Dell PSU. And now I'm gonna try and overclock both the CPU (P4 1.4GHz Willamette) and the video card. The video card is easy, but I have no clue how to change the FSB on the OEM Intel mobo. Preferably, I wouldn't like to mess with jumpers. Is there any software that I can use to overclock with? May as well tell me how to overclock using jumpers anyways, if that's possible.

I'm gonna see if overclocked this system will overload my PSU. If it does, then I'll have to settle for this kinda performance for now.

What's the deal with lampshades, I mean it's a lamp, why would you want a shade? :smile:

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
intel brand boards dont conviently come with overclockinf features (ironically...their cpus overclock really well)...as for a program that allow you to overclock...i think theres one called SetFSB...or something like that...you may be able to get your P4 1.4 to 1.5...it'll probably go higher but you wont know because i doubt your 250w PSU will handle it...

:eek: <b>Who fixed <font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s leaky faucet??</b> :eek:

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Unfortunately I can't find the program for my mobo... I also looked up SoftFSB, although I don't know if that works with my OEM mobo either.

What's the deal with lampshades, I mean it's a lamp, why would you want a shade? :smile: