HORRID Service on Dell Preferred Account! Anyone Else?

Ryan

I can't believe it!

Last month, I was visiting Dell's web site and saw an offer for "12
Month, No Interest Financing" if I opened a Dell Preferred Account.
Well, I have credit cards with very low rates and I have a home equity
line that is 4.9% so I decided to apply ONLY because of this offer. I
don't need this account otherwise.

Well, I am someone who doesn't carry balances on my credit cards and
doesn't have alot of debt. I am lucky and I am also someone who checks
their credit score and I KNOW my credit score is in the very high
700's.. almost near 850, the highest you can have. So, "bad credit" is
not an issue.

I applied online for the account and a few days later I got the card
in the mail with a $5,000 limit, but no mention of any promotional
financing. I found it odd but had decided not to purchase yet so I put
the card away.

Today, I have selected a system and see Dell's site now says "No
interest until June 2005 to well qualified customers". So, I picked up
the phone and called Dell Financial Services to ask about my account
and it's financing as I can't tell from their web site what the heck I
am being offered.

I WAS THEN SENT TO INDIA!! I ended up having my call answered by
someone who claimed his name was Andy, but could barely be understood!
I tried to explain my problem and all he could tell me was that "I
didn't qualify for anything but 90 days same as cash". Couldn't tell
me why. Couldn't explain how someone with excellent credit card not
considered "well qualifed" nor did he explain why I applied for 12
months no interest and they went ahead and opened an account for me
with 90 days same as cash.. not what I needed or wanted!

So, I asked to speak to a supervisor and was transferred to a "Wayne"
who sounded even more Indian that the first guy. Nothing against
people who are Indian, but I can't understand their attempt at
speaking English and these Dell reps can't seem to do anything but
read a script. He told me the same as the first and that he had no
idea why I didn't get the promotional offer nor could he do anything
about it. He then went into how great the 16.9% intest they WERE
offering me after 90 days was (OH PLEASE!!)

I then NICELY asked if I could please speak to someone at Dell IN THE
UNITED STATES. He seemed stunned that I didn't think he was in the US,
but said he would transfer me.

Next a woman comes to the phone who is IN INDIA again. I could even
hear the second guy in the background talking to her as she spoke to
me, but she claimed to be in Texas and he Indian accent was worst that
the first two!!

She was nasty as hell, told me she couldn't tell me why I didn't get
the offer I applied for, couldn't do anything for me and could not
tell me how to contact Dell in the US on this issue! She also couldn't
tell me what criteria they use to decide who is "Well Qualified". All
she could do is read her script and try and pretend she was from
Texas!

She even suggested that I close this account and keep opening and
closing new ones until "the computer" decided I could have the
promotional financing! Great idea!

Anyone else have this problem with Dell? I HATE having to deal with
outsourced CS departments from India (or anywhere) because they are
HORRID at speaking English and can't really help. I want someone at
Dell Financial Services in the US!

A few months ago I applied for a $5000 Dell Preferred Account with a "as low
as" 6.9% interest rate and first 12 months same as cash. Got the card and
info in the mail and it ended up being 16% interest with 90 days same as
cash. My credit cards are well under 8% and I get offers all the time for
cards with 0% interest for the first 12 months and so on. My credit rating
is also perfect. I think Dell promises way more than what they're really
willing to do on credit. I just laughed at Dell's offer and cut the card up.

Also many folks have complained about Dell Financial Services for a variety
of reasons. Use Google to search some of these out if you're interested.

"Ryan" <welziak@snet.net> wrote in message

> Anyone else have this problem with Dell? I HATE having to deal with
> outsourced CS departments from India (or anywhere) because they are
> HORRID at speaking English and can't really help. I want someone at
> Dell Financial Services in the US!

Grunsat,
You might want to consider contacting Dell and canceling the credit card
so it doesn't show up as an open account on your credit history.
Paul

"Paul Schilter" <paulschilter@comcast,dot,net> wrote in message news:<xsudnYY-HJndHxbcRVn-gw@giganews.com>...
> Grunsat,
> You might want to consider contacting Dell and canceling the credit card
> so it doesn't show up as an open account on your credit history.
> Paul

Actually, I was going to suggest the same thing. Simply cutting up a
credit card and throwing it away does nothing. The account remains
open on your credit report and Dell has no idea you distroyed the card
so they consider you an active credit customer.

I have decided to purchase elsewhere and plan to write Dell this
weekend and close this account. I have plenty of lines of credit
available to me with very low interest and lots of offers for new
cards with 12 months no interest. I don't need Dell's 16%! Do they
think THAT is an attractive financing offer??

Obviously in India, they do! <g>

--
David Nimon
dnimonREMOVE@##sympatico.ca

--------------------------------
> "Paul Schilter" <paulschilter@comcast,dot,net> wrote in message
>> Grunsat,
>> You might want to consider contacting Dell and canceling the credit
>> card
>> so it doesn't show up as an open account on your credit history.
>> Paul
>>

> Actually, I was going to suggest the same thing. Simply cutting up a
> credit card and throwing it away does nothing. The account remains
> open on your credit report and Dell has no idea you distroyed the card
> so they consider you an active credit customer.
>
> I have decided to purchase elsewhere and plan to write Dell this
> weekend and close this account. I have plenty of lines of credit
> available to me with very low interest and lots of offers for new
> cards with 12 months no interest. I don't need Dell's 16%! Do they
> think THAT is an attractive financing offer??

Ordered my new DELL, sales order woman was American and polite and helpful.
Financing approved online in seconds, 90 days without payment and no
interest until June 2005. Also got some free upgrades and free shipping. She
even made sure other things I ordered got free shipping and would arrive on
the same day ( I wanted a new UPS to use with the new comp).
Just make sure you pay before the free interest period is up or transfer to
a lower rate card you have. All retailers (except Rooms to GO) offer no
interest for a period but then charge you interest back from the sale date
when it does kick in.

I had heard a lot of negatives about the Indian service techs and was one
reason I almost didn't buy a DELL. I will post any negatives if I encounter
them., but so far my DELL experience has been most pleasant.

"David Nimon" <dnimonREMOVE@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Obviously in India, they do! <g>
>
> --
> David Nimon
> dnimonREMOVE@##sympatico.ca
>
> --------------------------------
> "Ryan" <welziak@snet.net> wrote in message
>> "Paul Schilter" <paulschilter@comcast,dot,net> wrote in message
>>> Grunsat,
>>> You might want to consider contacting Dell and canceling the credit
>>> card
>>> so it doesn't show up as an open account on your credit history.
>>> Paul
>>>

>> Actually, I was going to suggest the same thing. Simply cutting up a
>> credit card and throwing it away does nothing. The account remains
>> open on your credit report and Dell has no idea you distroyed the card
>> so they consider you an active credit customer.
>>
>> I have decided to purchase elsewhere and plan to write Dell this
>> weekend and close this account. I have plenty of lines of credit
>> available to me with very low interest and lots of offers for new
>> cards with 12 months no interest. I don't need Dell's 16%! Do they
>> think THAT is an attractive financing offer??

Indian techs (in India) are told to choose an American name for when they
work. To make Americans feel more comfortable. I've worked with many, many
Indians--I'm a software engineer--and, as you can imagine, there were none
named Andy or Wayne. More like Sridar, Manish, Kamala, Jitendra, Kumar,
Anirvan, Srini...

Roy

welziak@snet.net (Ryan) wrote in news:189b1c22.0411041116.1a05e245
@posting.google.com: