Matisaro - Your Opinion On Current Tbred OCing?

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
Matt,

We had a discussion some month back on the oc capability of the Tbred <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new">here</A>.

Are we still too early into the Tbred production run to get good ocing examples and yields, or is the .13u AMD not living up to expectations?

Just yanking your chain a little, but you were pretty confident we'd see 50-60% ocs on Tbred. From what I see - they are somewhat heat limited right now and certainly operate at higher voltages that I would have expected... Possibly AMD have an issue with the core process at .13 that needs more juice to overcome than ideal?

-* <font color=red> !! S O L D !! </font color=red> *-
To the gentleman in the pink Tutu

ritesh_laud

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001
Just yanking your chain a little, but you were pretty confident we'd see 50-60% ocs on Tbred.
This has been discussed ad nauseam in <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new"><font color=purple>other threads</font color=purple></A>.

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
You are right, and now it is only 2 weeks since the last post in that thread and it is 8 1/2 pages back, I'd like an update on how the newer Tbred cores are doing...

-* <font color=red> !! S O L D !! </font color=red> *-
To the gentleman in the pink Tutu

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
but there are other tbred posts about. too many infact.

<font color=green>Proud member of THG's</font color=green> <font color=blue>Den Of Thieves</font color=blue> :lol:

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
You may want to bring up the old thread, instead of starting a new one, and please stop calling me out by name, my predictions at the time were sound and I always invited people to give me reasons why they would not be accurate, no one did btw.

Now that the predictions have proven wrong I am looking into WHY, there is a causal factor, because all of what I said in my older threads is correct.

:wink: The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark :wink:

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Hmmm, what part of me saying my prediction wasnt correct did you misunderstand>?

Obviously when I said what I said was correct I meant the REASONS I have given for good overclocking were correct, the fact there isnt good overclocking signals a specific issue, which I am looking for.

Thankyou for misreading what I said and pointing out your mistake.

LED

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
You said you were proven wrong, then went on to say ALL of what you said was correct........it's what it says, wtf are you talking about? I know what you meant, only cause it's been your only response to your "predictions" (which werent "predictions" or treated like speculation at the time). But Im being an ass, not misreading anything....It is what it says.

I sold my sig for $50.

eden

Champion
I understood what Mat meant by correct.

However I agree, people are really putting it on Mat, I mean ok he made predictions and everyone knew, and just because he's wrong, you see threads everywhere containing at least one person asking his opinion on it.

--
:smile: Intel and AMD sitting under a tree, P-R-O-C-E-S-S-I-N-G! :smile:

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
You said you were proven wrong, then went on to say ALL of what you said was correct........

All of the reasons I gave were correct, I am sorry if that wasnt plainly out there, what with the preceding sentence saying my prediction/speculation was wrong.

(which werent "predictions" or treated like speculation at the time)

I was asking for people to give me reasons which would disagree with what I had said, thats all I really intended to do at the time.