Sign in with
Your question

CPU Temp to hot?

Last response: in CPUs
June 27, 2002 4:45:41 AM

I recently had to increase the Vcore to 1.8 to make my video card work correctly. I am monitoring it and the CPU A Temp is 55 Degrees rigth now. Is this to hot? I currently have 4 fans and a volcano 6+

Robert Moore<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by MooreR on 06/27/02 00:49 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

More about : cpu temp hot

June 27, 2002 5:12:03 AM

thats wierd...
what has the CPU core voltage got to do with the graphics card and its voltage?

*confused*

anyway... your temp is fine.
but if it stards freezing under full cpu load you may have to consider an alternative.

<font color=green>Proud member of THG's</font color=green> <font color=blue>Den Of Thieves</font color=blue> :lol: 
June 27, 2002 5:19:07 AM

I am running the new 7VRXP motherboard with the radeon 8500 128MB it requires higher voltage or it will constantly reboot during game play or just normal windows use. Which i will add that it did fix it once i raised it.

Robert Moore
Related resources
June 27, 2002 6:43:14 AM

ar you sure your talking about the vcore and not the vagp?

thats the first time ive ever heard of the CPU voltage helping with the graphics card... unless something else strange is going on in there.

unless your system is underpowered and the addition of a big hungry graphics card made it slightly unstable.... hmmmm

<font color=green>Proud member of THG's</font color=green> <font color=blue>Den Of Thieves</font color=blue> :lol: 
June 27, 2002 8:23:53 AM

how have you come to the conclusion that it is your graphics card which is at fault? it is more likely a dodgy power suppl that cant handle the power requirements. raising Vcore will in no way affect your graphics card...

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.
June 27, 2002 8:30:10 AM

that particular mobo has had problems with the cpu and voltage, but i don't see how you increased it to 1.8 when the only choices you get ar 5%, 7.5% and 10%. You must mean the ram or the video card voltage in the bios.
!