nVidias new drivers ruined my PC

marshahu

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2003
I have just got Nvidias latest Detonator driver update for my nvidia riva TNT2 M64 32MB AGP Graphics card and it has caused a lot of games to stop working or play at a VERY slow speed. DirectX 9 doesnt like the drivers.

The perfomance of the graphcis card also is reduced to basic functions. My Video quality also decreases and become dotty like it looked like in Windows 95. I increase the perfomance to Full but no difference. It keeps reverting to Basic.

I cant uninstall the drivers cso I get an error message saying somehting is missing. I try using my existing detantor 20 drivers. I even unistalled both drivers, installed version 20 then the latest - i had to put the latest on cos it would not remove the error message
My system is an AMD Athlon XP 2000+
768MB SDRAM
10GB Hard Drive
SOund Blaster Audigy 2 Sound Card :)
Windows ME :-(

Please help me to fix this problem. I have the latest drivers which are bloody rubbish

Have you considered a higher quality Graphics card, that seems to be the weak link in what you've listed.

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.

dhlucke

Polypheme
What version? Most are beta. Only use the whql certified drivers. Their "latest" drivers have been out since november unless you installed some beta drivers. Also, dx9 is useless for you with that videocard.

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">The French are being described as cheese-eating surrender monkeys.</A></font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
OMG, you're not serious are you? OK first thing is, NEVER run the latest driver on an older nVidia card! The latest drivers are focused on features your card doesn't have!

Go to www.guru3d.com and get 2 files:

1.) Detonator Destroyer, to rid you of the offending files
2.) Detonator version 6.31, which is the only "newer" version I can garunty to work perfectly with that card.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>