Solved

How do i run a 16 bit game on windows 7 64 bit os

Hello,
i just got a new computer. it has windows 7 on it with a 64 bit operating system. my 4 year old daughter has some games that will not install due to the bit size. Is there something that I can download or do. I tried to run in the compatiblity mode...didnt work. help!
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about game windows
  1. You're out of luck.
  2. Windows XP Mode (or another virtual machine app, like VMware Player or Workstation) are your only options here. Windows 7 has no support for 16 bit code, so any 16 bit applications must be run in an older version of Windows.
  3. Quote:
    Hello,
    i just got a new computer. it has windows 7 on it with a 64 bit operating system. my 4 year old daughter has some games that will not install due to the bit size. Is there something that I can download or do. I tried to run in the compatiblity mode...didnt work. help!

Have you considered using XP Mode / Virtual PC. To learn more about XP Mode and Virtual PC please see the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Jessica
    Microsoft Windows Client Team
  4. Best answer
    Are they Windows-based or DOS-based? If they are DOS games, you can use DOSBox.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Computers Games