A big thank you to you all :)

Woodman

Distinguished
May 8, 2002
Since i almost never see this sort of thing being posted in these forums, let me give out a big big thank you to all of you who've ever helped me out on the building of my system! :D

Motherboard = Asus A7V266-C
Installed without a single hitch. Its working perfectly fine.

CPU = AthlonXP 1700+
Installed onto the motherboard without any problems, & is presently working very well, saucy!

RAM = Samsung PC2100 256MB DDR SDRAM
Very slight problem, but is still working. Since i put my HSF onto the motherboard first, i failed to see that the handle blocked the first DRAM slot. So i put it into the second slot. Still its all good.

HSF = Coolermaster AAC-001
A slight problem with this which ill address later, however the installation went without a hitch.

3D Card = Inno3D GeForce4 Ti4200 w/64MB
Installed without any problems whatsoever. Im currently downloading the latest Quake3 patch to see how fast it feels (i always wanted to play this with all the options turned on :D).

Now even tho i installed the HSF without any problems, the temperature readout in my BIOS was a tad high. It hovers at around 60C - 65C. Thinking this might be a problem of Asus's faulty software, i ran Motherboard Monitor & found out that it really was at around 60C.

Im a little worried about this & so in a few days time, ill be tieing all the cables within my case to improve air-flow. Ill also cut out a more solid & larger hole for my single chassis fan (currently just a bunch of small holes).

Apart from changing my HSF & thermal paste used, what else do you folks think i should do? Should i run without the side cover for now?

Once again a big thank you :D

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
not really necessary.
in addition to asus probe which reads high ive also found in my experience that
A. asus motherboards are set so that temp readings are on the high side and
B. if the reading is being taken off the internal diode it will be hot anyway.

just run your PC. if it keeps freezing under full load, only then consider extra cooling.

P.S. cutting out the rear fan hole is a good idea. many cases (including mine) have CRAP case cooling.

<font color=green>Proud member of THG's</font color=green> <font color=blue>Den Of Thieves</font color=blue> :lol:

Woodman

Distinguished
May 8, 2002
Hmm, I see. I might also add an intake fan on the front, but since LEDs & the switches are located there, it might take a while.

I guess ill experiment & see whatever i can come up with. Thanks :)

eden

Champion
Strange, as soon as FatBurger leaves, this forum becomes really helpful, nice and fun....
He really should reconsider returning.

--
:smile: Intel and AMD sitting under a tree, P-R-O-C-E-S-S-I-N-G! :smile:

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Maybe that was his goal, have such a high ranking person leave would obviously affect a lot of people. Then he might come back as a different user name and pretend that he never came back... just a thought.

:smile: Falling down stairs saves time :smile:

G

I've been away for a while myself.. whats with fatburger ??

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

G

no. he will come back with his real user name. (& will pretend nothing at all)

<i>if you know you don't know, the way could be more easy ...</i>