1. What is your budget? around 700$ a little bit flexible
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.6''
3. What screen resolution do you want? Not sure but 1920 x 1080 is not a must, 1366 x 768 can do the job
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? No, will plug it into a LCD when I come home.
5. How much battery life do you need? Not my highest priority, got electricity all around, the more the better anyway
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? The laptop is not for gaming, but my high requirements will handle some pretty good games
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Not that much, maybe 3Dsmax, Maya...
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500-640GB.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Nope, local shops.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? at least 4 years until the end of the studying
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? just DVD ROM
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Prefer DELL upon all others due to previous positive experience with it. But open for another opinions as I'm not up on what exists today
13. What country do you live in?Israel
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. The laptop should handle perfectly heavy program developing environments:
minimum 4GB memory.
Don't know if i3's can do the job, i prefer i7,i5, again I don't know what are the performance difference.
Not a basic video accelerator, looking for a good graphics card GT525M and higher (hope I'm still in the budget).