Warforged Character Concepts

What do you think of these?

1. CN or CE Warforged Rogue named Bender. Works on an airship owned by
a crackpot Artificer, along with a dumb human commoner from the past and
a female mutant human fighter.

2. (More Obscure) Huge Warforged Titan named Bil. Wears a tie. Has a
smaller "third arm" to hold his teddy bear with. Also has a lever on
his back with two settings: "Good" and "Evil". His alignment changes
when the lever is pulled up or down. Doesn't speak much, just booms out
"MEEEEEE BIL!" when he feels the need to express himself. Also appears
to simultaneously rage and gain monk unarmed fighting abilities when
taunted with the destruction of his teddy bear by a birdlike "Clockword
Beast" apparently manned by kenku.

Any other ideas?

- Ron ^*^
60 answers Last reply
More about warforged character concepts

    Werebat wrote:
    > What do you think of these?
    >
    > Any other ideas?

    Huge (gargantuan?) Wilder. Shoots lightning bolts from his eyes when
    threatened.
    Tries to resist the urge to blow stuff up. "I ... am not ... a gun!"

    Silveraxe.

    Werebat wrote:
    > Any other ideas?

    Warforged Monk, equipped with a Bodysuit of Blending. Friends with a
    Warforged Fighter.

    "For now we see as through a glass darkly, but then we shall see face
    to face."

    Laszlo

    A warforged wizard who shoots only red or blue rays, depending on
    alignment, and polymorphs into strange conveyances. 'roll out!'

    Werebat wrote:

    > Mincing Warforged Bard with golden plating and skills maxed in Language.

    Too obvious.

    Silveraxe.

    Silveraxe wrote:
    > Werebat wrote:
    >
    >>What do you think of these?
    >>
    >>Any other ideas?
    >

    > Huge (gargantuan?) Wilder. Shoots lightning bolts from his eyes when
    > threatened.
    > Tries to resist the urge to blow stuff up. "I ... am not ... a gun!"

    Good one.

    Mincing Warforged Bard with golden plating and skills maxed in Language.
    His model was designed to serve as interpreters for nobles and the
    wealthy. Adventures with a small non-humanoid warforged Artificer
    shaped like a trash can with legs and filled with hidden gadgets and
    doodads.

    - Ron ^*^

    "Repent Werebat!" said the Ticktockman. "Get Stuffed!" Werebat replied.
    Then he added:

    > Any other ideas?

    A colossal Warforged titan with a highly destructive tendancy. Warcry is
    "Big Jobs!!"

    A party of seven Warforged including fighters, rogues and a cleric sent
    into a lawless region to "clean up the place." Catchphase: "Spread the
    word."

    --
    Billy Yank

    Quinn: "I'm saying it's us, or them."
    Murphy: "Well I choose them."
    Q: "That's NOT an option!"
    M: "Then you shouldn't have framed it as one."
    -Sealab 2021

    Billy Yank's Baldur's Gate Photo Portraits
    http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2xvw6/

    Warforged fighter with red eyes and talks in an odd accent. He was
    sent back in time to protect the party's rogue destined to save the
    world from a much more powerful warforged juggernaut. They're being
    pursued by a Sheen.

    At campaign end he becomes governer or something.

    Gerald Katz

    Mere moments before death, Silveraxe hastily scrawled:
    >Werebat wrote:
    >>
    >> Mincing Warforged Bard with golden plating and skills maxed in Language.
    >
    >Too obvious.

    Yeah, I got it at "Mincing".

    Ed Chauvin IV

    modifier G @ 11.

    --Terry Austin

    On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 04:17:20 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> scribed
    into the ether:

    >What do you think of these?
    >
    >1. CN or CE Warforged Rogue named Bender. Works on an airship owned by
    >a crackpot Artificer, along with a dumb human commoner from the past and
    >a female mutant human fighter.

    CE. Are warforged even capable of consuming alchohol?

    How do you model the ability to store things in his chest without
    overpowering him?

    Matt Frisch wrote:

    >On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 04:17:20 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> scribed
    >into the ether:
    >

    >>What do you think of these?
    >>
    >>1. CN or CE Warforged Rogue named Bender. Works on an airship owned by
    >>a crackpot Artificer, along with a dumb human commoner from the past and
    >>a female mutant human fighter.
    >>

    >CE. Are warforged even capable of consuming alchohol?
    >
    >How do you model the ability to store things in his chest without
    >overpowering him?

    They are immune to poison so I would say no to the use of alcohol as
    anything other than a cleaning agent.

    A built-in Bag of Holding?

    --
    Tetsubo
    My page: http://home.comcast.net/~tetsubo/

    Tetsubo wrote:

    > Matt Frisch wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 04:17:20 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> scribed
    >> into the ether:
    >>

    >>> What do you think of these?
    >>>
    >>> 1. CN or CE Warforged Rogue named Bender. Works on an airship owned
    >>> by a crackpot Artificer, along with a dumb human commoner from the
    >>> past and a female mutant human fighter.
    >>>

    >> CE. Are warforged even capable of consuming alchohol?
    >>
    >> How do you model the ability to store things in his chest without
    >> overpowering him?
    >>

    > They are immune to poison so I would say no to the use of alcohol as
    > anything other than a cleaning agent.
    >
    > A built-in Bag of Holding?

    Possum Pouch, which is less "big" and runs the risk of being discovered
    with a search check.

    I did forget to mention the crabman cleric with low charisma, didn't I?

    Damn, you could do a pretty funny mock-up in an Eberron campaign...

    - Ron ^*^

    Ed Chauvin IV wrote:

    > Mere moments before death, Silveraxe hastily scrawled:
    >
    >>Werebat wrote:
    >>
    >>>Mincing Warforged Bard with golden plating and skills maxed in Language.
    >>
    >>Too obvious.
    >

    > Yeah, I got it at "Mincing".

    It's hard NOT to be obvious with him.

    Still... If you placed your bet at "Mincing", you might have lost if
    I'd been talking about Cheop.

    - Ron ^*^

    Matt Frisch wrote:
    > On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 04:17:20 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net>
    > scribed into the ether:
    >

    >> What do you think of these?
    >>
    >> 1. CN or CE Warforged Rogue named Bender. Works on an airship owned
    >> by a crackpot Artificer, along with a dumb human commoner from the
    >> past and a female mutant human fighter.
    >
    > CE. Are warforged even capable of consuming alchohol?

    Yes, just not of deriving benefits (or drawbacks) from it.

    > How do you model the ability to store things in his chest without
    > overpowering him?

    Non-removable portable hole with a lid.

    --
    Mark.

    Hadsil wrote:

    > Warforged fighter with red eyes and talks in an odd accent. He was
    > sent back in time to protect the party's rogue destined to save the
    > world from a much more powerful warforged juggernaut. They're being
    > pursued by a Sheen.

    > At campaign end he becomes governer or something.

    LOL!

    - Ron ^*^

    Oh no...

    Bender is a warforged Drunken Master!!!

    Blath

    On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 20:42:36 +0100, "Mark Blunden"
    <m.blundenATntlworld.com@address.invalid> scribed into the ether:

    >Matt Frisch wrote:
    >> On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 04:17:20 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net>
    >> scribed into the ether:
    >>

    >>> What do you think of these?
    >>>
    >>> 1. CN or CE Warforged Rogue named Bender. Works on an airship owned
    >>> by a crackpot Artificer, along with a dumb human commoner from the
    >>> past and a female mutant human fighter.
    >>
    >> CE. Are warforged even capable of consuming alchohol?
    >
    >Yes, just not of deriving benefits (or drawbacks) from it.

    But Bender dervies his power from it, without alcohol, he becomes a
    rusted-out wreck.

    >> How do you model the ability to store things in his chest without
    >> overpowering him?
    >
    >Non-removable portable hole with a lid.

    That's not too bad.

    Mere moments before death, Werebat hastily scrawled:

    >Ed Chauvin IV wrote:
    >
    >> Mere moments before death, Silveraxe hastily scrawled:

    >>>Too obvious.
    >>

    >> Yeah, I got it at "Mincing".
    >
    >It's hard NOT to be obvious with him.
    >
    >Still... If you placed your bet at "Mincing", you might have lost if
    >I'd been talking about Cheop.

    Uh... You mean that pyramid guy?

    Ed Chauvin IV

    modifier G @ 11.

    --Terry Austin

    Phenyx wrote:
    > Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote:
    >
    >>What do you think of these?
    >>
    >>1. CN or CE Warforged Rogue named Bender. Works on an airship owned by
    >>a crackpot Artificer, along with a dumb human commoner from the past and
    >>a female mutant human fighter.
    >>
    >>2. (More Obscure) Huge Warforged Titan named Bil. Wears a tie. Has a
    >>smaller "third arm" to hold his teddy bear with. Also has a lever on
    >>his back with two settings: "Good" and "Evil". His alignment changes
    >>when the lever is pulled up or down. Doesn't speak much, just booms out
    >>"MEEEEEE BIL!" when he feels the need to express himself. Also appears
    >>to simultaneously rage and gain monk unarmed fighting abilities when
    >>taunted with the destruction of his teddy bear by a birdlike "Clockword
    >>Beast" apparently manned by kenku.
    >>
    >>Any other ideas?
    >>
    >> - Ron ^*^
    >>An Artificer who was able to transfer his essence to a crude memory device
    >>now lives in the City of Sharn. The device is worn by one of the Artificers
    >>warforged creations as a necklace.

    BEEBEEDEEBEEDEEBEE!

    - Ron ^*^

    Has anyone suggested a Warforged with maxed out Spot and Listen, and a
    perspex head?

    "Warning! Warning!".

    --
    Kevin Lowe,
    Tasmania.

    A pair of warforged trapped in a floating prison miles above the ground,
    having been created there by a human artificer who is also imprisoned
    with them. The artificer was trapped by a pair of other artificers who
    force him and his warforged friends to engage in invention exchanges
    every week, and to watch bad illusionary portrayals of stories in a
    viewing theatre.

    - Ron ^*^

    >1. CN or CE Warforged Rogue named Bender. Works on an airship owned by
    >a crackpot Artificer, along with a dumb human commoner from the past and
    >a female mutant human fighter.

    At one point, I had actually made an ECL 20 version of Warforged
    Bender with all sorts of crazy beer drinking Feats. Then sanity
    kicked in and I deleted it to save myself from the pain.

    Jester

    In article <me-2F8A12.23451705072005@news01.comindico.com.au>,
    Kevin Lowe <me@private.net> wrote:
    >Has anyone suggested a Warforged with maxed out Spot and Listen, and a
    >perspex head?
    >
    >"Warning! Warning!".

    Then there's his more serious elder cousin, with sky-high Str and Int, and a
    gazillion Craft and Knowledge skills.

    On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 16:44:53 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> scribed
    into the ether:

    >A pair of warforged trapped in a floating prison miles above the ground,
    >having been created there by a human artificer who is also imprisoned
    >with them. The artificer was trapped by a pair of other artificers who
    >force him and his warforged friends to engage in invention exchanges
    >every week, and to watch bad illusionary portrayals of stories in a
    >viewing theatre.

    They'd be multiclassed Janitor/Artificers...but really, Mike is just a
    Janitor, since he did not build the warforged.

    How about: A warforged fighter/rogue/astral walker who can use Improved
    Invisibility at will an unlimited number of times per day, but only while
    naked. This warforged later merges its mind with an entity from the astral
    plane to create a new life form.

    Matt Frisch wrote:

    > On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 16:44:53 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> scribed
    > into the ether:
    >

    >>A pair of warforged trapped in a floating prison miles above the ground,
    >>having been created there by a human artificer who is also imprisoned
    >>with them. The artificer was trapped by a pair of other artificers who
    >>force him and his warforged friends to engage in invention exchanges
    >>every week, and to watch bad illusionary portrayals of stories in a
    >>viewing theatre.
    >

    > They'd be multiclassed Janitor/Artificers...but really, Mike is just a
    > Janitor, since he did not build the warforged.

    True -- I was thinking of Joel. Although Mike did *try* to build a 'bot
    once...

    The Mads (or Mad, depending on the season) would be full Artificers.

    > How about: A warforged fighter/rogue/astral walker who can use Improved
    > Invisibility at will an unlimited number of times per day, but only while
    > naked. This warforged later merges its mind with an entity from the astral
    > plane to create a new life form.

    Eh, lost me there.

    - Ron ^*^

    On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:19:13 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> scribed
    into the ether:

    >Matt Frisch wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 16:44:53 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> scribed
    >> into the ether:

    >> How about: A warforged fighter/rogue/astral walker who can use Improved
    >> Invisibility at will an unlimited number of times per day, but only while
    >> naked. This warforged later merges its mind with an entity from the astral
    >> plane to create a new life form.
    >
    >Eh, lost me there.

    GitS

    Matt Frisch wrote:

    > On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:19:13 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> scribed
    > into the ether:
    >

    >>Matt Frisch wrote:
    >>

    >>>On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 16:44:53 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> scribed
    >>>into the ether:
    >

    >>>How about: A warforged fighter/rogue/astral walker who can use Improved
    >>>Invisibility at will an unlimited number of times per day, but only while
    >>>naked. This warforged later merges its mind with an entity from the astral
    >>>plane to create a new life form.
    >>
    >>Eh, lost me there.
    >

    > GitS

    Ghost in the Shell?

    I think I saw that, years ago... Trying to remember. One of the bounty
    hunter androids liked to scuba dive?

    - Ron ^*^

    Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:
    > On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:19:13 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> scribed
    > into the ether:
    >>Matt Frisch wrote:
    >>
    >>> How about: A warforged fighter/rogue/astral walker who can use Improved
    >>> Invisibility at will an unlimited number of times per day, but only while
    >>> naked. This warforged later merges its mind with an entity from the astral
    >>> plane to create a new life form.
    >>
    >>Eh, lost me there.
    >
    > GitS

    She's not naked. Section 9 uses thermoptic camoflauge -- cloaks or
    the like. You see them pulling hoods up (shades of Sheila!), or while
    wearing combat gear (Stand Alone Complex).

    Kusanagi just likes running around with, um, minimal encumberance, it
    seems. There's nothing about thermoptics that *require* nudity.

    Keith

    Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote:
    > Matt Frisch wrote:
    >> On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:19:13 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> scribed
    >> into the ether:
    >>>Matt Frisch wrote:
    >>
    >> GitS
    >
    > Ghost in the Shell?
    >
    > I think I saw that, years ago... Trying to remember. One of the
    > bounty hunter androids liked to scuba dive?

    Section 9 -- 'Special Forces', of a type (used for counterespionage,
    assassination, etc.); this changed in Stand Alone Complex to be kind of
    like an 'RSWAT' (*Really* Special Weapons and Tactics).

    And yes, Kusanagi was very unusual in that she enjoyed scuba diving.

    Keith

    a warforged fighter with long ears who adventures with a female human
    fighter. half of the utopian socirty they live in consists of
    warforged, though the vast majority of them appear human, and is
    centrally controlled by an illithid elder brain.

    --
    \^\ // drow@bin.sh (CARRIER LOST) <http://www.bin.sh/>
    \ // - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    drow wrote:
    > a warforged fighter with long ears who adventures with a female human
    > fighter. half of the utopian socirty they live in consists of
    > warforged, though the vast majority of them appear human, and is
    > centrally controlled by an illithid elder brain.

    appleseed?

    a pretty young warforged is salvaged and rebuilt in the slums beneath a
    magical floating city. she later turns out to have, like, 20 levels of
    fighter, and goes on a long adventure of self-discovery and rollerball.

    --
    \^\ // drow@bin.sh (CARRIER LOST) <http://www.bin.sh/>
    \ // - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    // \ X-Windows: The defacto sub-standard.
    // \_\ -- Dude from DPAK

    Alien mind control rays made drow <drow@bin.sh> write:
    > a pretty young warforged is salvaged and rebuilt in the slums beneath a
    > magical floating city. she later turns out to have, like, 20 levels of
    > fighter, and goes on a long adventure of self-discovery and rollerball.

    as an aside, IMC desty nova is a white dragon chaositech artificer
    who has tangled with the party a couple of times.

    --
    \^\ // drow@bin.sh (CARRIER LOST) <http://www.bin.sh/>
    \ // - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    // \ X-Windows: The defacto sub-standard.
    // \_\ -- Dude from DPAK

    NG warforged, practically indistinguishable from human. He is magically
    constrained to faithfully serve the greatest good for the greatest
    number, and has access to divinatory information which predicts with
    significant accuracy the effects of social changes. A secret society of
    scholars works constantly to maintain these predictions, using them to
    focus their own efforts on covertly helping humanity. They are unaware
    of the warforged's existence, but he keeps tabs on their work and uses
    it in his own planning.

    A further magical constraint is that he must remain pacifist except as
    required to serve the greatest good. He also is compelled to obey orders
    from any natural human unless able to demonstrate they contradict his
    service or his pacifism.

    --
    Rob

    drow <drow@bin.sh> wrote:
    > a pretty young warforged is salvaged and rebuilt in the slums beneath a
    > magical floating city. she later turns out to have, like, 20 levels of
    > fighter, and goes on a long adventure of self-discovery and rollerball.

    Monk, don't you mean? I don't recall seeing her use weapons, at least.

    Keith

    On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 00:22:32 GMT, "Robert Bunn" <adalger@twcny.rr.com>
    dared speak in front of ME:

    >NG warforged, practically indistinguishable from human. He is magically
    >constrained to faithfully serve the greatest good for the greatest
    >number, and has access to divinatory information which predicts with
    >significant accuracy the effects of social changes. A secret society of
    >scholars works constantly to maintain these predictions, using them to
    >focus their own efforts on covertly helping humanity. They are unaware
    >of the warforged's existence, but he keeps tabs on their work and uses
    >it in his own planning.

    Foundation, or Prelude to Foundation?

    --
    Address no longer works.
    try removing all numbers from

    Robert Bunn wrote:
    > NG warforged, practically indistinguishable from human. He is magically
    > constrained to faithfully serve the greatest good for the greatest
    > number, and has access to divinatory information which predicts with
    > significant accuracy the effects of social changes. A secret society of
    > scholars works constantly to maintain these predictions, using them to
    > focus their own efforts on covertly helping humanity. They are unaware
    > of the warforged's existence, but he keeps tabs on their work and uses
    > it in his own planning.
    >
    > A further magical constraint is that he must remain pacifist except as
    > required to serve the greatest good. He also is compelled to obey orders
    > from any natural human unless able to demonstrate they contradict his
    > service or his pacifism.

    Asimov - Foundation

    could also be...

    Ozymandius. Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday, 1981. Sequel to
    Guardian. written by: Monteleone, Thomas F. [pseud. of David
    Bischoff].

    "In a setting twenty years later than Guardian, the computer
    acquires a superhuman body, begets a son, and is welcomed as a
    messianic figure destined to lead a new, worldwide holy war.
    Appalled at the prospect, he commits suicide, but the boy lives on. "

    Re,
    Dirk

    On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 09:06:05 GMT, Keith Davies <keith.davies@kjdavies.org>
    scribed into the ether:

    >Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:
    >> On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:19:13 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> scribed
    >> into the ether:

    >>>Eh, lost me there.
    >>
    >> GitS
    >
    >She's not naked. Section 9 uses thermoptic camoflauge -- cloaks or
    >the like. You see them pulling hoods up (shades of Sheila!), or while
    >wearing combat gear (Stand Alone Complex).

    Stand Alone Complex was made for a television audience. Nudity, language,
    and violence were all tuned WAY down.

    >Kusanagi just likes running around with, um, minimal encumberance, it
    >seems. There's nothing about thermoptics that *require* nudity.

    Watch the movie sometime.

    Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:
    > On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 09:06:05 GMT, Keith Davies <keith.davies@kjdavies.org>
    > scribed into the ether:
    >
    >>Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:
    >>> On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:19:13 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> scribed
    >>> into the ether:

    >>> GitS
    >>
    >>She's not naked. Section 9 uses thermoptic camoflauge -- cloaks or
    >>the like. You see them pulling hoods up (shades of Sheila!), or while
    >>wearing combat gear (Stand Alone Complex).
    >
    > Stand Alone Complex was made for a television audience. Nudity, language,
    > and violence were all tuned WAY down.
    >
    >>Kusanagi just likes running around with, um, minimal encumberance, it
    >>seems. There's nothing about thermoptics that *require* nudity.
    >
    > Watch the movie sometime.

    I've seen both movies. And read the manga (in which she does in fact
    wear clothes under thermoptic camoflage at least once).

    Kusanagi typically wears skimpy clothes. Nudity is not required for
    thermoptic camoflage. I think Kusanagi just prefers to not be
    encumbered if she can avoid it.

    C'mon, they applied to to a *tank*. If they can hide *that*, hiding
    that you're not actually naked can't be that hard.

    Keith

    Alien mind control rays made Keith Davies <keith.davies@kjdavies.org> write:
    > drow <drow@bin.sh> wrote:
    >> a pretty young warforged is salvaged and rebuilt in the slums beneath a
    >> magical floating city. she later turns out to have, like, 20 levels of
    >> fighter, and goes on a long adventure of self-discovery and rollerball.
    >
    > Monk, don't you mean? I don't recall seeing her use weapons, at least.

    she uses scads of them further on in the manga. huge knives, guns,
    exploding missile bees from tiphares, you name it.

    --
    \^\ // drow@bin.sh (CARRIER LOST) <http://www.bin.sh/>
    \ // - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    // \ X-Windows: A mistake carried out to perfection.
    // \_\ -- Dude from DPAK

    drow <drow@bin.sh> wrote:
    > Alien mind control rays made Keith Davies <keith.davies@kjdavies.org> write:
    >> drow <drow@bin.sh> wrote:
    >>> a pretty young warforged is salvaged and rebuilt in the slums beneath a
    >>> magical floating city. she later turns out to have, like, 20 levels of
    >>> fighter, and goes on a long adventure of self-discovery and rollerball.
    >>
    >> Monk, don't you mean? I don't recall seeing her use weapons, at least.
    >
    > she uses scads of them further on in the manga. huge knives, guns,
    > exploding missile bees from tiphares, you name it.

    Ah, okay. I've only seen the anime, not the manga.

    Keith

    Keith Davies <keith.davies@kjdavies.org> wrote:
    > Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:
    >> On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 09:06:05 GMT, Keith Davies <keith.davies@kjdavies.org>
    >> scribed into the ether:

    >>>She's not naked. Section 9 uses thermoptic camoflauge -- cloaks or
    >>>the like. You see them pulling hoods up (shades of Sheila!), or while
    >>>wearing combat gear (Stand Alone Complex).
    >>
    >> Stand Alone Complex was made for a television audience. Nudity, language,
    >> and violence were all tuned WAY down.
    >>
    >>>Kusanagi just likes running around with, um, minimal encumberance, it
    >>>seems. There's nothing about thermoptics that *require* nudity.
    >>
    >> Watch the movie sometime.
    >
    > I've seen both movies. And read the manga (in which she does in fact
    > wear clothes under thermoptic camoflage at least once).
    >
    > Kusanagi typically wears skimpy clothes. Nudity is not required for
    > thermoptic camoflage. I think Kusanagi just prefers to not be
    > encumbered if she can avoid it.

    I just realized a solution that satisfies both theses about thermoptics.

    They *don't* require nudity (which I suspect is hard to achieve when
    your body is covered in synthetic skin *anyway*). However, as borged up
    as Makoto is, *she's got thermoptic camoflage built into her skin*.

    Thus, she's always got it available, but it's 'inside her clothes', so
    she loses them. There are other ways to use thermoptics that can go
    'over clothes' (we've seen in this SAC), but with all the other mods
    she's got, one more is no big deal.

    Keith

    Six self assembled warforged, who roam the island in pursuit of upgrades.

    --
    Michael
    NPC rights activist | Nameless Abominations are people too.

    "Robert Bunn" <adalger@twcny.rr.com> wrote:
    >NG warforged, practically indistinguishable from human. He is magically
    >constrained to faithfully serve the greatest good for the greatest
    >number, and has access to divinatory information which predicts with
    >significant accuracy the effects of social changes. A secret society of
    >scholars works constantly to maintain these predictions, using them to
    >focus their own efforts on covertly helping humanity. They are unaware
    >of the warforged's existence, but he keeps tabs on their work and uses
    >it in his own planning.
    >
    >A further magical constraint is that he must remain pacifist except as
    >required to serve the greatest good. He also is compelled to obey orders
    >from any natural human unless able to demonstrate they contradict his
    >service or his pacifism.
    >
    >--
    >Rob
    >
    >I just finished playing an android named Daneel in a D&D campaign. His LA
    >proved to be too much and I had to scrap him. Pun intended

    "Robert Bunn" <adalger@twcny.rr.com> wrote:
    >NG warforged, practically indistinguishable from human. He is magically
    >constrained to faithfully serve the greatest good for the greatest
    >number, and has access to divinatory information which predicts with
    >significant accuracy the effects of social changes. A secret society of
    >scholars works constantly to maintain these predictions, using them to
    >focus their own efforts on covertly helping humanity. They are unaware
    >of the warforged's existence, but he keeps tabs on their work and uses
    >it in his own planning.
    >
    >A further magical constraint is that he must remain pacifist except as
    >required to serve the greatest good. He also is compelled to obey orders
    >from any natural human unless able to demonstrate they contradict his
    >service or his pacifism.
    >
    >--
    >Rob
    >
    >I just finished playing an android named Daneel in a D&D campaign. His LA
    >proved to be too much and I had to scrap him. Pun intended

    Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote:

    >What do you think of these?
    >
    >1. CN or CE Warforged Rogue named Bender. Works on an airship owned by
    >a crackpot Artificer, along with a dumb human commoner from the past and
    >a female mutant human fighter.
    >
    >2. (More Obscure) Huge Warforged Titan named Bil. Wears a tie. Has a
    >smaller "third arm" to hold his teddy bear with. Also has a lever on
    >his back with two settings: "Good" and "Evil". His alignment changes
    >when the lever is pulled up or down. Doesn't speak much, just booms out
    >"MEEEEEE BIL!" when he feels the need to express himself. Also appears
    >to simultaneously rage and gain monk unarmed fighting abilities when
    >taunted with the destruction of his teddy bear by a birdlike "Clockword
    >Beast" apparently manned by kenku.
    >
    >Any other ideas?
    >
    > - Ron ^*^

    Articifer decides to see if he can combine humans and Warforged. After the
    tragic death of a guardsman, the Artificer combines him with a Warforged and he
    uplholds the law of Sharn.

    Phenyx wrote:

    > "Robert Bunn" <adalger@twcny.rr.com> wrote:
    >
    >>NG warforged, practically indistinguishable from human. He is magically
    >>constrained to faithfully serve the greatest good for the greatest
    >>number, and has access to divinatory information which predicts with
    >>significant accuracy the effects of social changes. A secret society of
    >>scholars works constantly to maintain these predictions, using them to
    >>focus their own efforts on covertly helping humanity. They are unaware
    >>of the warforged's existence, but he keeps tabs on their work and uses
    >>it in his own planning.
    >>
    >>A further magical constraint is that he must remain pacifist except as
    >>required to serve the greatest good. He also is compelled to obey orders
    >
    >>from any natural human unless able to demonstrate they contradict his
    >
    >>service or his pacifism.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Rob
    >>
    >>I just finished playing an android named Daneel in a D&D campaign. His LA
    >>proved to be too much and I had to scrap him. Pun intended

    Note to the group: Phenyx's character was an android monk with an LA of
    +3. His android race was mostly derived from the androids in Darwin's
    World.

    - Ron ^*^

    In article <slrndcpogt.v3e.keith.davies@kjdavies.org>,
    keith.davies@kjdavies.org says...

    > I just realized a solution that satisfies both theses about thermoptics.
    >
    > They *don't* require nudity (which I suspect is hard to achieve when
    > your body is covered in synthetic skin *anyway*). However, as borged up
    > as Makoto is, *she's got thermoptic camoflage built into her skin*.

    I always thought that was what the movie (I haven't seen SAC beyond an
    episode or two) was trying to show.

    --
    Jasin Zujovic
    jzujovic@inet.hr

    Jasin Zujovic <jzujovic@inet.hr> wrote:
    > In article <slrndcpogt.v3e.keith.davies@kjdavies.org>,
    > keith.davies@kjdavies.org says...
    >
    >> I just realized a solution that satisfies both theses about thermoptics.
    >>
    >> They *don't* require nudity (which I suspect is hard to achieve when
    >> your body is covered in synthetic skin *anyway*). However, as borged up
    >> as Makoto is, *she's got thermoptic camoflage built into her skin*.
    >
    > I always thought that was what the movie (I haven't seen SAC beyond an
    > episode or two) was trying to show.

    I hadn't thought about it, that Makoto had it built-in.

    Early in GitS, IIRC the guy providing the hacking tools to the garbage
    man, *he* was wearing thermoptic camoflage. It was a lot like a poncho,
    IIRC -- a baggy garment that he wore over his other clothes.

    So: nudity is not required for thermoptics.

    However, since Makoto probably has it built-in, *she* skins down because
    the camoflage only covers, it's not a field.

    Keith

Games Video Games