Intel's Vision of of Programmable Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanuelMC

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
Seen the papers on this stuff on Intel's site about a year or so ago. Really cool stuff, if they could make this work. S@#! is gonna get nuts

RiotSniperX

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
Intel is trying to take over the earth >.<

Its a cool idea, defenitly badass. Man soon, we'll be visiting ppl back in time, and crazy stuff like that. And its all gonna be run by a intel cpu -.- /joke

cryogenic

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
[citation][nom]Blessedman[/nom]Are we not already approaching the manipulation of atoms? I mean the pathways in current CPU's are approaching lining up atoms?[/citation]

The gate oxide transistors on Intel's .45 nm process is just five atoms wide. You can easily google that.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
bah, this is basically Quantum computing, we've already made 7 atoms capable of calculating simple mathematics. A University team already programmed 32 bits on 1 electron.

Quantum computer is the future, CPU's would be so small they would need an outside "box" to make them able to be handled. Apparently the "FBI/CIA" etc are very interested/worried about Quantum computer, According to scientists, all it takes it 27,000 atoms to break ALL codes in the world. some bs like dat

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
Please don't reprint information from CNN (or Discover for that matter). It does not help even the least scientific of your readers to see a piece about, "Intel is doing something or other with atoms or something and possibly shape-shifting or something, someday..."

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
as cool as it sound i don't like the idea of changing the information of the matter..

is easy to input some information to a piece of rock..
telling half of it atom will alling as in the same way of TNT and half will be an ignition switch..

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
naw naw yall got the wrong idea, making an Atom into a gate is about all they're doing. It won't change the form or the way the atom acts, completely, If they do it on a Hydrogen atom, it will still be a hydrogen atom. Turning atoms into gates is a tough process that requires temperatures well below -100 celcius. Soon this will change, but I assure you they cannot grab a stick of TNT and program half of it to be a detonator, doesn't work that way

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
naw naw yall got the wrong idea, making an Atom into a gate is about all they're doing. It won't change the form or the way the atom acts, completely, If they do it on a Hydrogen atom, it will still be a hydrogen atom. Turning atoms into gates is a tough process that requires temperatures well below -100 celcius. Soon this will change, but I assure you they cannot grab a stick of TNT and program half of it to be a detonator, doesn't work that way

Ignore this, just watched the Video, this is a completely different topic lmao..

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]sacre[/nom]naw naw yall got the wrong idea, making an Atom into a gate is about all they're doing. It won't change the form or the way the atom acts, completely, If they do it on a Hydrogen atom, it will still be a hydrogen atom. Turning atoms into gates is a tough process that requires temperatures well below -100 celcius. Soon this will change, but I assure you they cannot grab a stick of TNT and program half of it to be a detonator, doesn't work that way[/citation]

it was a joke.

hehehe

i know that wont be possible any time soon..
i could be wrong base on the speed in which technology is advancing nowadays

G

well even if it is possible i don't seen to know how they might power whose things. the energy needed to operate such matter would be huge

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
[citation][nom]aracheb[/nom]it was a joke.hehehei know that wont be possible any time soon..i could be wrong base on the speed in which technology is advancing nowadays[/citation]

i know lol, ignore my comments, i apparently was completely out of it, but .. hmm.. i wouldn't mind being a female for 1 day, would finally find out wh.. well, we shouldn't discuss this here.

G

@ sacre, programmable matter is made using small artificial atoms that are significantly larger than natural atoms, but still work in the same way. Therefore, it is entirely possible for any of these objects to change their physical properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.