Blue Screen of Death with new case?

Sixsixx

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
Hey guys, I recently bought myself an NZXT Phantom 410 case, and after installing all of my components and booting up, I get the following sequence of events:

1. "Windows cannot startup properly" etc., gives me two options:
(a) Launch System Repair
(b) Start Windows Normally

Upon selecting either of the two options, I get the following, depending on what I chose:
2.(a) Startup Repair cannot fix your system etc., please click Finish to Shut Down
2.(b) Windows text comes up, swirly ball animation begins, then freezes, then I get a BSOD flashed at me for about half a second, then the PC shuts down and the cycle begins anew.

I haven't installed anything, or any new components, it's purely a new case.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
- Ryan

marc_moose

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
I know it sounds amateur, but try making sure that all your leads are still secure in your motherboard etc. If one has come loose it could cause windows to become confused and fail booting. Also, take your RAM out and put it back in, I find this solves many problems :)

phil_livesey

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
You may have not inserted the RAM correctly, so as marc said, take it out. try with just one stick and see if that makes a difference.

The motherboard might be touching the case too. That could cause the problem. Check the standoffs and see if you've placed the motherboard correctly.

Sixsixx

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
Thanks to both posts above me, although I solved the problem this morning.

I have three HDD's, one has my x64 OS which I currently use, another is backup and the third is a corrupted x86 which I used a while ago.

The x86 drive wasn't in my PC, and then when I had to unplug and replug the HDD's, I had accidentally left my x64 HDD out, and plugged in my corrupted x86 in it's place.

Well. I feel like a complete idiot.

Thanks guys for your help.