Zire72 - K700i connectivity

May 18, 2005 3:35:32 PM

I have a SonyErricsson K700i mobile phone and GPRS access to internet. I
want to be able to connect my Z72 PDA via BT to my mobile and browse the
internet from Z72. Is it possible. I didn't find any way to make it so far.

Thanks in advance.

PS. Is there any windows program that makes a *.PRC midlet out of a
*.JAR one?

--

/"\
\ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL

Manolis Christodoulou MD.
http://users.forthnet.gr/pel/mchris
http://palmpowereddoctor.blogspot.com

mailto:mchris@pel.forthnet.gr
Skype VOIP Phone: mchris21
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 11:01:39 PM

Manolis Christodoulou wrote:
> I have a SonyErricsson K700i mobile phone and GPRS access to internet. I
> want to be able to connect my Z72 PDA via BT to my mobile and browse the
> internet from Z72. Is it possible. I didn't find any way to make it so far.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> PS. Is there any windows program that makes a *.PRC midlet out of a
> *.JAR one?

Hi

yes, it is possible.

in some cases you need to upload a specific phone driver to your pda.

where did you stuck?

did you setup a phone BT connection to your Ericsson? did you succeed to
setup a test connection pressing the "test" button on your PDA? (Phone Menu)

also you need to setup your GPRS account into your pda.

you need to create a account that dial an especial number that access
the gprs account into your operator you already did it?

--
Franco
Become a PalmOS Beta Tester: http://www.micromagiclabs.com/beta.html

My Z72 works just fine via Nokia 6230 to O2 GPRS service.
When you say BT do you mean O2? Where in the world are you?

O2 website can send correct GPRS settings to your phone, do this first
and try GPRS functions on your phone (if it has web browsing then try
it). Then set up your Z72 similarly.
June 1, 2005 1:08:21 PM

Of course he does, here in UK it also means the company formerly known
as British Telecom (who run landline phone service and the mobile
provider O2).
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 6:11:31 PM

AJH wrote:
> Of course he does, here in UK it also means the company formerly known
> as British Telecom (who run landline phone service and the mobile
> provider O2).

oh.
yes for sure need to take care as his "BT" can means British Telecom.

but both his phone ( K700i) PDA model (PDA model ) has BT... bluetooth
this time ;-)

This is the second time that I make confusion with BT... I worked in
Ericsson 2 years ago in Europe (Netherlands) and I saw something in a
mail about "BT" and I thought that was about bluetooth as I worked in
the same center that developed the bluetooth but they was talking about
British Telecom. No excuses this time.

Franco
Lifedrive Review: http://www.micromagiclabs.com/forums/thread1488.html
PalmOS forums: http://forums.micromagiclabs.com