Buy a Laptop with low qualities

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorgel_88

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
Una Laptop con un Core2 Duo 2 Gb de Ram 512 o 1gb de Video, un HDD de 160 a 320 monitor 17 o 19 quemador DVD preferiblemente Dell o HP

Translation please.
Im quessing, But
(1) Min cpu C2D
(2) Ram min 512
(3) Dedicated Video card with min of 1 Gig VRAM
(4) 160->32Gig HDD
(5) Screen size 16->19 Inch
(6) DVD-RW drive

You indicated cheap - WHAT is cheap, for some that means $300, others $1000
What is the intended usage, Ie do you want play games that require a dedicated GPU.
(1) recommend SB over C2D (the I3-2415)
(2) That should be NO problem as most come with 2 Gigs -> 4 gigs. 1 gig minium for XP and 2 gigs min for windows 7
(3) If gaming is your intendend usage, it then depends on the game and the resolution. If games are CPU intensive and you just want to watch movies, go on the internet, read emails and use office type programs the IGP (HD2000 or HD3000) in the Sandybridge CPUs is plenty.
(4) most laptops come with a min HDD of 200-> 320 gigs anymore, so not a problem.
(5) With very few exceptions laptop screen size is a max of 17.3 inches. Above 15.6 inches and WITH a dedicated GPU you are looking at $800 + USD
(6) DVD-RW pretty much standard, although there are a few that do not have.
(7) (3) Prefer Dell or HP. Asus and Toshibia have a BETTER reliability factor than the "cheap" dell or HP, HP is rather poor)

Added: If you want larger screen than a 17 Inch, recommend getting a laptop with HDMI out and connecting to a Monitor.

Your on an English forum, If you cannot speak or write English I suggest you go to a site that speaks your language. Or at least tell us what Country your from or what Country your buying from so we can possibly help.

Core 2 Duo is obsolete, you should be looking at a core i3 laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.