can't access 1 particular website when using wireless netw..

Last response: in Networking
Share
January 12, 2005 2:37:15 PM

I have two computers connected to my mn-700 base station.
The desktop is wired and the notebook is wireless.
There is 1 particular website I cannot access: www.mscd.edu
I am certain the problem is with the base station, because
when I bypass it and connect either computer directly to
the cable modem, I can access it.
I've already checked the broadband management tool to make
sure I didn't accidentally add it to the parental controls.
Can anyone suggest anything else?
Thanks in advance
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 12, 2005 10:51:24 PM

Does the base station have Network Address Translation, or any kind of
firewall incorporated? Possibly the firewall is blocking a required
port. What ports are open when you connect directly? You may need to
specify some port forwarding rules too (if the site responds to a port
that you didn't initiate the connection on).

!