can't access 1 particular website when using wireless netw..

I have two computers connected to my mn-700 base station.
The desktop is wired and the notebook is wireless.
There is 1 particular website I cannot access: www.mscd.edu
I am certain the problem is with the base station, because
when I bypass it and connect either computer directly to
the cable modem, I can access it.
I've already checked the broadband management tool to make
sure I didn't accidentally add it to the parental controls.
Can anyone suggest anything else?
Thanks in advance
1 answer Last reply
More about access website wireless netw

    Does the base station have Network Address Translation, or any kind of
    firewall incorporated? Possibly the firewall is blocking a required
    port. What ports are open when you connect directly? You may need to
    specify some port forwarding rules too (if the site responds to a port
    that you didn't initiate the connection on).

    Holger wrote:
    > I have two computers connected to my mn-700 base station.
    > The desktop is wired and the notebook is wireless.
    > There is 1 particular website I cannot access: www.mscd.edu
    > I am certain the problem is with the base station, because
    > when I bypass it and connect either computer directly to
    > the cable modem, I can access it.
    > I've already checked the broadband management tool to make
    > sure I didn't accidentally add it to the parental controls.
    > Can anyone suggest anything else?
    > Thanks in advance

Routers Wireless Networking