Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
<b> Question No. 1: </b>

Currently, I my system configuration is following

AMD Duron 1.0 GHz Processor (Morgan Core)
MSI K7N-420 Pro Motherboard (nForce 420-D chipset)
Integrated GeForce2 MX

My system uses DDR RAM

The 3D Performance of my system is as expected, not ground breaking. But it at least allows me to play almost every 3D game smoothly. (This is enough for me, because I am not a serious gamer) I plan to buy a new system after 2 years.

Will my system be able to run most games smoothly during this period (without upgrading CPU or graphics card) ?

<b> Question No. 2: </b>

I have an OEM CPU, It uses a cooler from cooler master. I don't know the actual model number, but my vendor confirmed that it's listed in the recommended cooler list for Duron 1.0 GHz in AMD's website. My system runs over 50 deg C under normal load and near 60 deg (Max 60 deg) under full load.

Is it normal or I need to change the cooler? How long the CPU may last in this kind of temp ?

<font color=green> ( Keep in mind that I live in a tropical region. Now it’s summer here and we are now living in a temp. of 30 to 35 deg C . And my case is very compact for the ATX size mobo, the power supply unit stays very close to CPU ) </font color=green>

Question No. 1:
No, to play Doom 3 for example you will need at least a geforce 2 ti or radeon equivalent graphics card. integrated Geforce 2MX won't cut it. At least from benchmarks on anandtech.com the GPU shoot out. As long as the games you have and buy later work don't worry about it. It all dpends on what you do with your computer.

Question No. 2:
As long as it works don't worry about the temp.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>