Where to find weather gadget for Windows 7.

Recently, I uninstalled my weather gadget because it wasn't working, planning to reinstall it. However Microsoft doesn't distribute gadgets anymore so I was wondering if anyone had a link to the same exact gadget that comes with Windows or one that functions the same and looks and acts the same. Also if it cant be the same it would be preferable that it supports any town since I live in a small town that isn't very close to any major cities.
12 answers Last reply
More about where find weather gadget windows
  1. google
  2. Do you know why Google stopped distributing gadgets?

Find a good weather website and bookmark it. That application was not very accurate to begin with.
  3. I was getting very accurate results and I also prefer being able to see weather from my desktop.
  4. I'm looking for a good weather gadget for similar reasons, although my search is motivated by the fact that the "default" weather gadget suddenly started causing the entire Win 7 gadget sidebar to crash on load. Now the only way I can have any gadgets was by removing the weather gadget. So by all appearances the original MS weather gadget is non-functional and not coming back.

Kind of a crappy move on MS's part to suddenly withdraw all gadget support if you ask me.
  5. rhandyrhoads said:
    Recently, I uninstalled my weather gadget because it wasn't working, planning to reinstall it. However Microsoft doesn't distribute gadgets anymore so I was wondering if anyone had a link to the same exact gadget that comes with Windows or one that functions the same and looks and acts the same. Also if it cant be the same it would be preferable that it supports any town since I live in a small town that isn't very close to any major cities.

I looked through a google search Windows 7 weather gadgets for about 10 items. Either they didn't download, or install when they did or when you tried to go to the site you got an MS message that they're not supporting gadgets any more. If you do find something please post it.
  6. sigrossman said:
    rhandyrhoads said:

I looked through a google search Windows 7 weather gadgets for about 10 items. Either they didn't download, or install when they did or when you tried to go to the site you got an MS message that they're not supporting gadgets any more. If you do find something please post it.

Microsoft does not support gadgets anymore. The only gadgets you can download are from third parties.
  7. They removed the Gadgets because of security issues.
    My OEM copy of Win 7 pro came with maybe 12 gadgets.
    I only use the weather, and it works pretty well. No issues, yet.
  8. I suggest you install the chrome browser and then you can access the chrome gadget / widget stereo easy in browser .. many weather widgets available just be searching store
    Also if bored go here http://gadgetaustralia.com/
  9. Check out these weather widgets. They are awesome!
    They can change your desktop wallpaper based on weather conditions, and even say out loud the weather conditions.

http://www.stackoverphloo.com/products.html
  10. Phloo said:
    Check out these weather widgets. They are awesome!
    They can change your desktop wallpaper based on weather conditions, and even say out loud the weather conditions.

A little bit of stealth advertizing eh?
  11. AxlMyk said:
    Phloo said:
    Check out these weather widgets. They are awesome!

A little bit of stealth advertizing eh?

You got me! :) But seems that people appreciate it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Gadgets Windows 7 Microsoft