Problem with wired LAN + wireless usage

I'm having problems getting my Mn-700 router to do both
wired and wireless routing simultaneously. The wireless
part has been working fine with 2 computers for over a
year, but I can't get a recent new wired computer onto
the internet and the network. On the new (third)
computer, I can't get a valid IP address (it's currently
169.254.117.88)

Here's my equipment and configuration:
-Cable modem
-MN-700 Router
-A new 4 port OnQ switch in my network box

-Using port #1 on the MN-700 router to connect to the
switch
-Home wired connection throughtout the house go into the
4 port switch in my network box.
-Wired computer is plugged into data port connection in
my studio that goes into the switch.

Like I said, the wireless computers work fine but the new
wired ethernet computer is hosed.

Any help is greatly appreciated

thanks
-mike

can you try plugging the computer directly into the 700 first to see
if that works? also try a different set of cables.

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist