Sign in with
Your question

When i turn on my laptop the screen is black

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
September 23, 2011 4:17:17 PM

Hello,
When i turn on my laptop the screen stays black. I could hear the fan running and the charger light is on so why isn't it turning on correctly?
September 23, 2011 4:24:51 PM

have you tried hooking up an external monitor. If you can and it works you could possibly have an issue with your lcd panel.
m
l
a b D Laptop
September 23, 2011 4:51:54 PM

galeener may be right.

Or it could possibly be that your outputting to the wrong screen - most laptops have a "Fn" button that can be pressed in conjunction with a little screen on the keyboard to switch to either internal display or external(say F1 or F2).
m
l
Related resources
January 3, 2013 1:52:40 PM

I have a compaq mini and I can hear it running and the green light is on but my screen is black. I didn't shut it down last night just closed the top, as I have before, and I have never had this problem. Could you help?
m
l
January 29, 2014 11:17:52 PM

Hi my name is Sweta I had the same problem with my compaq laptop. On power on the screen would stay black, no POST, nothing at all on the display. The HDD would spin up but the HDD indicator would not come on and would not boot. The DVD drive would spin up and attempt to read a disc if one was in the tray but still would not boot.I found the answer on this blog. Unplug the power, remove the battery and then hold the power button for 30 to 60 seconds. Then reattach the power and attempt a boot. It worked for me! Just shutdown, put the battery back in you’re good to go. Worked for me so definitely worth a try.

www.eTechies.in
m
l
April 20, 2014 4:21:46 AM

mlara75 said:
Hello,
When i turn on my laptop the screen stays black. I could hear the fan running and the charger light is on so why isn't it turning on correctly?

m
l
!