Meepo vs. celestial dire badger

Meepo won with 65.3% of the vote.

OK, he won, but I find it astonishing that over one third of the people
who voted would choose that exciting new monster, that masterpiece of
chargen, that intriguing new NPC... the celestial dire badger. :|

WTF!? When I want celestial dire badgers, I cast summon monster III!

--
Jasin Zujovic
jzujovic@inet.hr

Jasin Zujovic wrote:
> Meepo won with 65.3% of the vote.
>
> OK, he won, but I find it astonishing that over one third of the people
> who voted would choose that exciting new monster, that masterpiece of
> chargen, that intriguing new NPC... the celestial dire badger. :|
>
> WTF!? When I want celestial dire badgers, I cast summon monster III!

I think the badger vote can be summed up in eight words:

"Badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger..."

- Ron ^*^

(Yes, I voted for Meepo)

Jasin Zujovic wrote:
> Meepo won with 65.3% of the vote.
>
> OK, he won, but I find it astonishing that over one third of the people
> who voted would choose that exciting new monster, that masterpiece of
> chargen, that intriguing new NPC... the celestial dire badger. :|

They weren't voting for the badger... they were voting against Meepo.

They must die.

Laszlo

In article <VCDye.72048$Fv.41412@lakeread01>, ranpoirier@cox.net says...

> > Meepo won with 65.3% of the vote.
> >
> > OK, he won, but I find it astonishing that over one third of the people
> > who voted would choose that exciting new monster, that masterpiece of
> > chargen, that intriguing new NPC... the celestial dire badger. :|
> >
> > WTF!? When I want celestial dire badgers, I cast summon monster III!
>
> I think the badger vote can be summed up in eight words:
>
> "Badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger..."

Hm, yes, that might explain it...

> - Ron ^*^
>
> (Yes, I voted for Meepo)

Good for you! :)

--
Jasin Zujovic
jzujovic@inet.hr

Jasin Zujovic wrote:
> In article <VCDye.72048$Fv.41412@lakeread01>, ranpoirier@cox.net says...
>

>>>Meepo won with 65.3% of the vote.
>>>
>>>OK, he won, but I find it astonishing that over one third of the people
>>>who voted would choose that exciting new monster, that masterpiece of
>>>chargen, that intriguing new NPC... the celestial dire badger. :|
>>>
>>>WTF!? When I want celestial dire badgers, I cast summon monster III!
>>
>>I think the badger vote can be summed up in eight words:
>>
>>"Badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger..."
>

> Hm, yes, that might explain it...
>

>> - Ron ^*^
>>
>>(Yes, I voted for Meepo)
>

> Good for you! :)

I have a feeling Meepo will be the ultimate winner.
I mean... come on... he made it into the D20 Modern book wearing
fatigues and carrying a rifle.

C. Baize wrote:
> Jasin Zujovic wrote:
>
>> In article <VCDye.72048$Fv.41412@lakeread01>, ranpoirier@cox.net says...

>>> I think the badger vote can be summed up in eight words:
>>>
>>> "Badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger..."
>>

>> Hm, yes, that might explain it...
>>

>>> - Ron ^*^
>>>
>>> (Yes, I voted for Meepo)
>>

>> Good for you! :)
>

> I have a feeling Meepo will be the ultimate winner.
> I mean... come on... he made it into the D20 Modern book wearing
> fatigues and carrying a rifle.

I want my Meepo! :^)

- Ron ^*^

Jasin Zujovic wrote:
> Meepo won with 65.3% of the vote.
>
> OK, he won, but I find it astonishing that over one third of the people
> who voted would choose that exciting new monster, that masterpiece of
> chargen, that intriguing new NPC... the celestial dire badger. :|
>
> WTF!? When I want celestial dire badgers, I cast summon monster III!

Even though I like kobolds, I also have a fondness in my heart for
celestial badgers. Badgers ought to be fiendish, after all they are
mean and nasty and set off by the slightest provocation. But celestial
badgers have taken the difficult route and gotten past all that, and
ended up in badger heaven, all filled with shrubberies, and hedges, and
herrings. Then all these wizards & clerics go and bring them down to
the material plane again. No wonder they get upset!

So anyway off the tangent, I abstained, but I'll probably vote for
Meepo in his future fights.

- Justisaur

<laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message

> Jasin Zujovic wrote:
>> Meepo won with 65.3% of the vote.
>>
>> OK, he won, but I find it astonishing that over one third of the
>> people
>> who voted would choose that exciting new monster, that masterpiece
>> of
>> chargen, that intriguing new NPC... the celestial dire badger. :|
>
> They weren't voting for the badger... they were voting against
> Meepo.
>
> They must die.
>
> Laszlo

I never saw the adventure that Meepo appeared in. Which one was that?

Kobolds are making a name for themselves and I believe it started
with Dragon Mountain. These little reptile, dog like beings are
beginning to take the place of lesser goblinoids.

Goblins are upset, Bugbears are pissed, and Hobgoblins well
they haven't issued a press release.

Oh well, as Kobolds begin their journey to the top, I imagine
the following might happen.

Fibci the Kobold Paladin stars in "The Holy Lizard"

Vignov the Kobold Cleric pens his famous Kobold Novel.
"A Tail of Two Kobolds."

Grimnex, the Kobold Rogue, is seen on Waterdeep's most
wanted. The show's ratings blow through the roof.

and finally

Bihu, the Kobold Noble, runs for President in 2008.

DA

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

"Decaying Atheist" <harker@coxdot.net> wrote in news:AIQye.62053$%
Z2.11072@lakeread08:

> <laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message
>>

>> Jasin Zujovic wrote:
>>> Meepo won with 65.3% of the vote.
>>>
>>> OK, he won, but I find it astonishing that over one third of the
>>> people
>>> who voted would choose that exciting new monster, that masterpiece
>>> of
>>> chargen, that intriguing new NPC... the celestial dire badger. :|
>>
>> They weren't voting for the badger... they were voting against
>> Meepo.
>>
>> They must die.
>>
>> Laszlo
>
> I never saw the adventure that Meepo appeared in. Which one was that?

I don't have it, but Meepo was introduced in the adventure The Sunless
Citadel.

Werebat wrote:

> Jasin Zujovic wrote:
>
>> Meepo won with 65.3% of the vote.
>>
>> OK, he won, but I find it astonishing that over one third of the
>> people who voted would choose that exciting new monster, that
>> masterpiece of chargen, that intriguing new NPC... the celestial dire
>> badger. :|
>>
>> WTF!? When I want celestial dire badgers, I cast summon monster III!
>

> I think the badger vote can be summed up in eight words:
>
> "Badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger..."
>
> - Ron ^*^
>
> (Yes, I voted for Meepo)

Out in the woods, up to no good, I want to make friends with the badger...

In article <oiFye.72399$Fv.24616@lakeread01>, ranpoirier@cox.net says...

> I want my Meepo! :^)

Damn... I only just noticed: his next opponent (three weeks from now) is
the succubus paladin!

I think I just might have to sit out that vote out...

--
Jasin Zujovic
jzujovic@inet.hr

tussock wrote:
> Decaying Atheist wrote:
>
> > Kobolds are making a name for themselves and I believe it started
> > with Dragon Mountain. These little reptile, dog like beings are
> > beginning to take the place of lesser goblinoids.
>
> It started with Tucker's Kobolds, IIRC. Dragon Mountain was the
> module that finally put the old Dragon article into action.
>
> > Goblins are upset, Bugbears are pissed, and Hobgoblins well
> > they haven't issued a press release.
>
> I'd imagine they're preparing for war. Given that the Hobgoblins
> are mainly led by plain Fighters, they'll probably lose against the
> Draconic Half-Dragon Kobold Sorcerers that rule the great Kobold tribes.
>
> Hell, Kobold cav ride *Dire Weasels*.

Dire Weasels?!?! How much do those cost? My Kobold is only riding a
dog.

- Justisaur

Decaying Atheist wrote:

> Kobolds are making a name for themselves and I believe it started
> with Dragon Mountain. These little reptile, dog like beings are
> beginning to take the place of lesser goblinoids.

It started with Tucker's Kobolds, IIRC. Dragon Mountain was the
module that finally put the old Dragon article into action.

> Goblins are upset, Bugbears are pissed, and Hobgoblins well
> they haven't issued a press release.

I'd imagine they're preparing for war. Given that the Hobgoblins
are mainly led by plain Fighters, they'll probably lose against the
Draconic Half-Dragon Kobold Sorcerers that rule the great Kobold tribes.

Hell, Kobold cav ride *Dire Weasels*.

--
tussock

Aspie at work, sorry in advance.

tussock wrote:
> Decaying Atheist wrote:
>
>> Kobolds are making a name for themselves and I believe it started
>> with Dragon Mountain. These little reptile, dog like beings are
>> beginning to take the place of lesser goblinoids.
>

> It started with Tucker's Kobolds, IIRC. Dragon Mountain was the
> module that finally put the old Dragon article into action.
>
>> Goblins are upset, Bugbears are pissed, and Hobgoblins well
>> they haven't issued a press release.
>

> I'd imagine they're preparing for war. Given that the Hobgoblins are
> mainly led by plain Fighters, they'll probably lose against the Draconic
> Half-Dragon Kobold Sorcerers that rule the great Kobold tribes.
>
> Hell, Kobold cav ride *Dire Weasels*.

Tremble before the kobold lawyer astride his dire weasel steed!

- Ron ^*^

"Justisaur" <justisaur@gmail.com> writes:

>Dire Weasels?!?! How much do those cost? My Kobold is only riding a
>dog.

__
__/o \_
\____ \
/ \
\_ //\ \
__/O \-//--\ \_
\____ ___ \ |
|| \ |\ |
_|| _||_||

--
Chimes peal joy. Bah. Joseph Michael Bay
Icy colon barge Cancer Biology

Jasin Zujovic wrote:
> Werebat wrote:
>
>> I want my Meepo! :^)
>
> Damn... I only just noticed: his next opponent (three weeks from now) is
> the succubus paladin!

I'm declaring my support for the warforged ninja.

--
Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you

Berawler: Is there any sanity or light left in this shrivelled husk of a world?
SingingDancingMoose: There was, but we had to trade it in for the internet.
Berawler: That is quite possibly the best response to any question ever.

Joseph Michael Bay wrote:
> "Justisaur" <justisaur@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>Dire Weasels?!?! How much do those cost? My Kobold is only riding a
>>dog.
> __
> __/o \_
> \____ \
> / \
> \_ //\ \
> __/O \-//--\ \_
> \____ ___ \ |
> || \ |\ |
> _|| _||_||

LOL. 8]

Anyhoo, Arms and Equiment Guide priced Dire Badgers (the gnomish
equivilent, and very similar creature) at 100gp for a young one, +15gp
to train, +15gp and a year's keep to raise it (at about 5sp/day for a
medium preditor, going by riding dog costs, possibly double for novelty
value in human settlements).
That's about 350gp for a trained, "domesticated" adult.

Add 15cp/day if you want a stableboy for it now it's yours, but
it's suggested no more than 1 hour/days work to keep your mount in good
nick, so if your not memorising spells in the morning, it's fine.

It all assumes there's some available of course.

Then I guess you could hang onto it for a few years until it grows
to it's full 9 HD, and have a pretty good mount indeed. It might be
1gp/day or more to keep once it gets large though, perhaps 5gp/day when
people aren't really keen having it about.