Summoning whilst invisible?

We all know that an invisible wizard who summons a monster and has it
attack an enemy ceases to be invisible.

But what about a wizard who summons a monster, has it attack an enemy,
and THEN turns invisible?

On the next round, when the summoned monster attacks the enemy, does the
wizard cease to be invisible?

- Ron ^*^

Werebat wrote:
> We all know that an invisible wizard who summons a monster and has it
> attack an enemy ceases to be invisible.

RTFM. SRD invisibility:

"Causing harm indirectly is not an attack. Thus, an invisible being can
open doors, talk, eat, climb stairs, summon monsters and have them
attack"

- Justisaur

willie

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2004

"Werebat" <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in message

> We all know that an invisible wizard who summons a monster and has it
> attack an enemy ceases to be invisible.
>
> But what about a wizard who summons a monster, has it attack an enemy, and
> THEN turns invisible?
>
> On the next round, when the summoned monster attacks the enemy, does the
> wizard cease to be invisible?

No, once you "pay the price" for the act of aggression, you don't have to
keep paying
for it. The wizard would be able to remain invisible until he/she did
another aggressive
act.

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in news:_jFye.72400$Fv.61744@lakeread01:

> We all know that an invisible wizard who summons a monster and has it
> attack an enemy ceases to be invisible.
>
> But what about a wizard who summons a monster, has it attack an enemy,
> and THEN turns invisible?
>
> On the next round, when the summoned monster attacks the enemy, does the
> wizard cease to be invisible?
>
> - Ron ^*^

{Chuckle} Hey, what can I say? I like jokers.

Werebat wrote:
> We all know that an invisible wizard who summons a monster and has it
> attack an enemy ceases to be invisible.
>
> But what about a wizard who summons a monster, has it attack an enemy,
> and THEN turns invisible?
>
> On the next round, when the summoned monster attacks the enemy, does the
> wizard cease to be invisible?

You got three responses to _this_?

It is to weep! TO WEEP!

Laszlo

Werebat wrote:
> laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
> >
> > Werebat wrote:
> >
> >>We all know that an invisible wizard who summons a monster and has it
> >>attack an enemy ceases to be invisible.
> >>
> >>But what about a wizard who summons a monster, has it attack an enemy,
> >>and THEN turns invisible?
> >>
> >>On the next round, when the summoned monster attacks the enemy, does the
> >>wizard cease to be invisible?
> >

> > You got three responses to _this_?
> >
> > It is to weep! TO WEEP!
>
> Yeah, but I was hunting bigger fish.

I was actually considering chipping in with something about how mages
and their summons should be considered a single combat "entity", which
is why they're always flatfooted and surprised (or not) at the same
time.

>From there, of course, an example with Rachel charging a mage and his
summon would have evolved naturally.

Damn it, that could have been beautiful. Curse my non-trolling ways.

Laszlo

laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:

> Werebat wrote:
>
>>We all know that an invisible wizard who summons a monster and has it
>>attack an enemy ceases to be invisible.
>>
>>But what about a wizard who summons a monster, has it attack an enemy,
>>and THEN turns invisible?
>>
>>On the next round, when the summoned monster attacks the enemy, does the
>>wizard cease to be invisible?
>

> You got three responses to _this_?
>
> It is to weep! TO WEEP!

Yeah, but I was hunting bigger fish.

- Ron ^*^

Only if he casts invisibility on a door and destroys reality.

Gerald Katz

Werebat wrote:

> We all know that an invisible wizard who summons a monster and has it
> attack an enemy ceases to be invisible.
>
> But what about a wizard who summons a monster, has it attack an enemy,
> and THEN turns invisible?
>
> On the next round, when the summoned monster attacks the enemy, does the
> wizard cease to be invisible?
>
> - Ron ^*^

You're joking, right?

> > It is to weep! TO WEEP!