Win95 prod Key

DaveP

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2002
Ahh, I know this has been asked a hundred times.
My sister's HDD died on her and she asked me to put a new one in for her. The problem is, she can't find the product key to activate windows. All she has is the recovery disk that came with the computer.
Is there a way to get a product key code, so she can use this old piece of crap?
I wish she would just get a new computer! This thing is so old, if it was anything besides the HDD that messed up, I doubt you could find the parts.

:smile: Peace comes only after absolute victory :smile:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'm sure if you have another system that still runs with Win95, you can access the number by left clicking on my computer and scrolling down to "properties", which is perfectly legal as long as you own the other computer and quit using it.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Some websites hail VIA for their piracy of Intel specifications. They see it as David vs Goliath, when really it's more like Hitler vs Goliath.

DaveP

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2002
Nope, no other computers with Win95. The next closest thing is 98. Oh well then.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
There's a little secret about the numbers that Win98 keys convert to (still located under "properties" for "my computer") working for 95.

DaveP

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2002
First, thanks to eveyone! :smile:

Thanks RobD, That one worked. I got the new HDD yesterday and got the computer going today. :cool: