I formatted my computer now how do I get the drivers

Finkelberg

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
Hello, I am new to the forums ok so I had windows 7 32 bit so I decided to get 64 bit , so I formatted my pc and then installed and now its asking me for an internet adapter driver and resolution and graphics are messed up I know its a driver problem obv but where can I get those drivers?

mjmacka

Honorable
May 22, 2012

The first thing you need to tell us is whether you or a friend built the PC or purchased the PC from an OEM manufacturer like Dell, HP or other.

If purchased it from Dell for example, use a different PC to connect to Dell's site, put the make/model of your PC Dell Latitude E5540 (for example) into the driver/support search box and download the appropriate driver for your ethernet/wireless. Once you have that driver, transfer it to CD/flash drive/external hard drive and put it on the PC that you reinstalled Windows 7 onto and then install the driver. ****Make sure you get the 64 bit copy of the driver**** Once you are online, Windows Update can pull common drivers down too.

If the PC is a build, you will need to use a tool like CPUID to look up the make/model of the motherboard. Then go to the manufacturer's page and download the appropriate driver to an external storage device and transfer it to the PC you reinstalled Windows 7 onto, then install the driver. ****Make sure you get the 64 bit copy of the driver**** Other drivers for your PC should be on that same page. Once you are online, Windows update can pull down drivers for most commonly used hardware too.

That should basically be it. Good luck.