Sign in with
Your question

Java won't run with windows 7 pro

Last response: in Windows 7
March 7, 2013 4:22:31 PM

Hi! I have a computer that I love (paid 1900 2 years ago for computer; already had eizo monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc.) but the c droive recently crashed. I installed an intel ssd 520 series 240 GB drive at the recommendation of the guys that sold us the computer (microexpress in california - we have loved those guys for years and trust them). I am using windows 7 pro. Everything seems wonderful except that java won't run. I have at 11 hours into fooling with this for the last 2 days. Can anybody please help? I am a pro photographer and must have java to be able to upload pprint and album orders to my lab. 7 pro seems to have sped up my system and I love that but I am wondering if 7 pro and java just have issues with each other. anything i can do?

More about : java run windows pro

March 7, 2013 4:22:31 PM

Hi! I have a computer that I love (paid 1900 2 years ago for computer; already had eizo monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc.) but the c droive recently crashed. I installed an intel ssd 520 series 240 GB drive at the recommendation of the guys that sold us the computer (microexpress in california - we have loved those guys for years and trust them). I am using windows 7 pro. Everything seems wonderful except that java won't run. I have at 11 hours into fooling with this for the last 2 days. Can anybody please help? I am a pro photographer and must have java to be able to upload pprint and album orders to my lab. 7 pro seems to have sped up my system and I love that but I am wondering if 7 pro and java just have issues with each other. anything i can do?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 7, 2013 4:45:43 PM

what's the problem? installation? running?
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
March 7, 2013 5:12:41 PM

where are you trying to download java from? remove what you have reboot and try downloading from a different website.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 7, 2013 5:35:40 PM

Uninstall what you have... Reboot... try installing Java from a different website.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 7, 2013 5:45:36 PM

You don't want java, it's a real malware trap these days.

The reason why you can't install it is probably because it is infected or corrupted.

I would search for java folder and sun folders on the hard drive and delete them

Then run registry fix in ccleaner to remove files and registry entries.

After that try to reinstall if you really need it on.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 7, 2013 6:18:36 PM

Try installing Java 6 u43 instead of Java7.

Not a permanent solution but might get you going for now.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 7, 2013 7:36:00 PM

This next topics has been merged by WyomingKnott
  • Java won't run with windows 7 pro
    m
    l
    !